Sr Developer, Software
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comSr Developer, Software
- Minimum of 4-6 years .NET and Web application experience, working as a professional software
developer using programming /systems analysis skills on Microsoft platforms in roles requiring
strong knowledge and skills
- Extensive experience with application prototyping, construction, implementation, deployment, and integration with Quality Assurance and production environments
- Minimum 7 years total application development experience
- Strong oral and written communications and presentation skills. Can communicate clearly,
effectively, succinctly, and precisely. Can communicate complex functionality and processes in a
way that can be easily understood by the target audience.
- Motivated self-starter with strong problem solving and analytical skills. Able to perform normal
functions little or no supervision. Willing to roll up sleeves and get the job done regardless.
- Able to function effectively either in a standalone development role, in a lead role, or as a part of a team.
- Professional experience in the following areas:
- Advanced knowledge and in-depth understanding of Microsoft .NET platform, and component
development, setup, configuration, and deployment
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL queries and stored procedures
- Experience with Microsoft Workflow Foundation (WF) and Workflow Communications Framework (WCF) development
- Expert knowledge of four or more development languages or tools from the following list:
scripting, Microsoft Transact SQL, Siebel, Oblix, etc.)
- Designing and incorporating Ajax, JQuery and JSON methodologies into client code and
designing/specifying/using XML-RPC, SOAP, and REST Web services on the back-end of multi-tiered applications.
- Designing, developing, and integrating applications on an RDBMS (Microsoft SQL, Oracle, or
- Designing, developing, and debugging complex, multi-tiered applications on two or more of the
following operating systems (Windows, Unix, Linux, or Mac OS)
- Development experience on at least five projects, with total project team size greater than six team members
- Experience as Lead Developer on at least three projects, impacting multiple business units and
providing technical leadership for at least 6 developers.
- Experience mentoring other members of technical/development staff.
- Experience working with at least four different business applications/systems and leading or
providing development team production support.
- Guide collaboration with Business Analysts to determine requirements. Consult with clients to
understand needs and communicate the use of the .NET platform as a strategic business tool and application platform.
- Architect, design, develop and deploy scalable enterprise applications for clients, from concept through deployment to production environments.
- Implement complex, high quality, scalable, and extendable end-to-end solutions, using either out-of-the box or custom functionality.
- Code, debug, test, and implement solutions in .NET environments, using Visual Studio and related tools. Design and develop custom .NET programs and components.
- Specify, integrate, and deploy third party .NET components and tools.
- Deep understanding of source code control and versioning methodologies and systems, such as Microsoft Visual SourceSafe and Team Foundation Server, AccuRev, Perforce, Git, Subversion, CVS, etc.
- Architect, develop, and implement unit test and testing methodologies for all assigned projects and deliverables, as well as directing development team testing efforts.
- Solid understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC) and end-to-end application
lifecycle management (ALM).
- Solid success in translating relatively abstract strategic and tactical elements into practical, scalable solutions and detailed technical designs.
- Analyze technologies, technical processes and/or functions; document findings; identify areas for improvement; and create detailed specifications for implementation.
- Conduct performance and scalability testing and capacity analysis/planning
- Stay current with technology trends and developments in the industry and participate in service
- Mentor junior-level developers in Web and .NET technologies, including Microsoft .NET software development best practices.
.We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Senior Communications Manager
Janice manages research and communications for T-Mobile’s Enterprise IT Division, produces videos for the internal website, and oversees the technology intern program.
Back to top