Sr Developer, Software
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
Sr Developer, Software
Are you interested in improving deployment and maintenance of environments that support over 20 development teams across multiple technology platforms through automation? Are you excited about DevOps? Do you want to see the process you develop drive the software delivery from inception to production use by millions? If you answer all yes, we’re looking for a resilient developer who will be working on the next generation of DevOps tools to help T-Mobile achieve our Continuous Delivery goals.
Designs and develops internal and external business systems/applications, systems interfaces, databases, reporting, or business intelligence systems, as required to deliver new systems functionality supporting corporate business objectives. The Sr Developer leads moderately complex projects, often mentoring and providing guidance to team members at an Assoc Developer or Developer level, and will work under the guidance of a Principal Developer on complex projects.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Minimum 7 Years Application Development Experience in modern development OOP languages, e.g., Java or Microsoft .NET and UI technologies, e.g., AngularJS, Grails, jQuery (required)
- Minimum 3 years professional experience designing and developing applications on one RDBMS, e.g., Oracle or SQL 2000 (required)
- Experience with CI tools, e.g., Jenkins, TeamCity, Atlassian Bamboo and CM automation framework, e.g., Chef, Puppet, Ansible. (highly preferred)
- Development experience on at least 4 projects with total project team size greater than 3 team members and has acted as lead developer on at least one project impacting multiple business units and providing technical leadership for at least 3 developers.
- Experience mentoring other members of technical/development staff.
Minimum Education required
- B.S. Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Own development of the build and configuration management automation process
- Analyze the current platform/process and drive the improvement initiatives
- Provide regular status to management of configuration items and issues
- Ensure smooth transition of work between onshore and offshore resources and provide training when necessary
- Advocate the new initiative and initially assist other teams with adoption
- Develop, collect and report metrics that show, measure, and track the team’s progress, delivered value and effectiveness
- Maintain technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training
- Collaborate effectively with Operations teams in a DevOps model
- Translate business, and functional requirements into documented technical specifications.
- Develop application support documentation as required by the application support teams for acceptance of systems changes into production.
- Provide on call and after hours support as required for production releases and to respond and provide Tier 4 support on production outages.
- Contribute to and work to meet project schedules by providing accurate estimates of effort required for development deliverables, by providing updates on project progress to development and project management, and by escalating issues that might affect project success to management.
- Maintain technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training.
- Collaborate/Partner with other teams including Enterprise Testing, Release Planning and Management, Business Systems Analysis, Project Management, and Application Support on successful delivery of systems enhancements.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top