Sr. Developer, Software
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comJoin the next wave of innovation that is happening at T-Mobile. Work on projects that challenge your intellect, passion, drive and curiosity. We are looking for a great Cloud Software Engineer to raise the bar for a high-performing team that delivers large scale solutions on the cloud. If you are looking to work on projects that are top organizational priority for the company, provide compelling end-user experiences and improve customer satisfaction, this is the place.
The Senior Cloud Software Developer plays a key role in shaping T-Mobile's technology strategy by applying expertise in strategic software development and large scale technology architecture. We are looking for a great Software Engineer to raise the bar for a high-performing team that delivers large scale solutions on the cloud. This is an opportunity to become an action-first leader in a talented, fast-moving culture and transform a large organization onto the next generation of Cloud.
We are looking for a highly skilled individual for automating large scale deployments with modern configuration and deployment management systems on AWS and or Azure. We value skills delivering and working with Open Source tools and infrastructure. You are self-driven, work well in a team, have great communication skills and bring leading edge skills on Linux, Python, configuration management, CI/CD and monitoring tools. You have delivered container based deployments and can offer solutions to the complexities of orchestration and will drive the company towards delivering containers in production.
In T-Mobile's Cloud team, we work cross-functionally to understand the linkage between T-Mobile's business goals, business architectures, and technology architectures. The Senior Cloud Software Developer drives the evolution of infrastructure, processes, products, and services.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Attitude and aptitude for continually learning new things
- Expert in at least one of the following domains: public cloud (AWS/Azure), server-side web dev, client-side web dev, REST/web services
- Good knowledge of design principles and best practices for implementing web APIs
- Experience with AWS and/or Azure cloud technologies, big data, map-reduce, etc.
- Experience with a server-side web application technology such as: Node.js, JSP, ASP.NET
- Experience with UI frameworks and technologies (Angular JS, D3, Bootstrap)
- Hands-on coding experience developing and designing software and/or responsive web-based solutions (adaptive design)
- Solid understanding of software development frameworks, architecture concepts and terminology
- 7+ years of software development experience
- Competent using version control systems such as GIT or VSS
- Well-versed, having worked with continuous integration and development (CI/CD) methodologies
- Cloud Monitoring tools ( CloudWatch, Splunk, ELK, Application monitoring, etc.)
- Containers and Orchestration: Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes,
- NoSQL database (Cassandra, etc)
- Other Open Source tools
- Write high-quality code and mentor others to do the same
- Lead the development efforts for cloud-based applications and infrastructure
- Create development standards/guidelines for app teams, help them follow the DevOps model
- Develop wire-frames and proof-of-concepts
- Translate business and functional requirements into documented technical specifications
- Develop support documentation for acceptance of systems changes into production
- Participate in code reviews and walkthroughs of technical specifications with other members of the technical team
Communicate design, requirements, functionality and limitations of systems/applications
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalentWe Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top