Sr Developer, Rally
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comSr Developer, Rally
The Sr Developer for Rally Administration and Integration plays a key role in enabling T-Mobile’s technology strategy for digital transformation by applying expertise in delivering high quality solutions tailored for maximum adoption. Partner closely with other Rally governance resources to drive tool standards, maturity roadmap, integration automation and custom reporting solutions. Primary responsibility for administering Rally as the enterprise standard agile planning tool, custom dashboard development, and end-to-end solution delivery for Rally integrations to enable delivery pipeline automation. The end-to-end solution must be easily scalable for the enterprise while meeting the needs of individual development teams across a diverse set of technology platforms. Through collaboration and coordination with key stakeholders, the candidate will build consensus on key principles, core practices and ensure conformity to an overall process. The Sr Developer will be open to new challenges, be innovative, creative, self-directed, and a great team player. Secondary responsibilities for serving the broader user community with Rally service requests as well as new tools as they become enterprise standards.
- 5+ years industry experience as a system analyst, web developer, integration specialist, tool administrator, web developer, QA lead, or technical lead within a technology environment, with a progressive record of successful delivery or complex software systems or services.
- 3+ years of hands on experience working with Rally agile planning tool or other comparable tools.
- Proven ability to perform all levels of Rally administration tasks.
- Experienced in large implementation of Rally (>1000 users).
- Well versed in Rally tool and process best practices.
- Proven ability to propose, influence and gain consensus to implement process and tool integration best practices.
- Experience with scripts to build custom reports in Rally as well as working knowledge of Rally’s SDK and web services API, scripting languages such as Ruby, Python, Java, .net.
- Working knowledge of DevOps tool such as Jenkins, BitBucket, Docker, Artifactory, etc. as well as real world tool integration experience.
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project). This should include advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Proven ability to work with a diverse and matrixed team of tool administrators and share best practice.
- 2+ years of integration architecture and design experience.
- 2+ years of hands on experience within a DevOps organization.
- Proven ability to adapt to a changing environment and multi task assignment.
- Must be a team player and yet be able to work independently.
- Proven ability to develop both technical and end-user documentation detailing step-by-step how-to instructions.
- Mastery of software processes (development, configuration, testing, and deployment) and product life cycle management is critical.
- Prior experience in software engineering or scrum master across multiple software development teams is a huge plus.
- Bachelors Degree. in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Engineering, or combination of equivalent experience and education
- (Desired) Master’s / Advanced Degree
- Define and maintain a healthy enterprise Rally subscription platform and integration landscape.
- Support and enable the governance and administration activities for Rally, T-Mobile’s agile management tool.
- Establish best practice standards for Rally integration with other enterprise and DevOps tools.
- Drive the high level definition of integration framework and adoption plan.
- Provide SME and best practice guidance to development teams.
- Assess new tool capabilities and recommend how best to leverage them in the T-Mobile environment.
- Own the development and execution of change management plan to drive optimal adoption of Rally across the enterprise to enable DevOps and Continuous Delivery.
- Configure Rally and build reports as requested from provided requirements.
- Liaison with vendor to drive enhancements, new features, custom apps, and custom integrations
- Coordinate with various teams within T-Mobile and vendor support to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Prioritize tasks to ensure on-time deliveries
- Optimize and enhance end-user experience
- Report on integration, process and tool adoption metrics
- Create process or integration playbook documentation
- Provide Rally SME support and user training as needed
- Serve as a contributing member of a high performing Agile tool governance team, responsible for facilitating the adoption, implementation, and sustainability of Agile processes and Rally tool best practices.
- Identify opportunities for individuals and team-based continuous improvements.
- Act as a trusted advisor and subject matter expert on Agile development methods (DevOps) and how Rally plays a critical role in digital transformation.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Senior Communications Manager
Janice manages research and communications for T-Mobile’s Enterprise IT Division, produces videos for the internal website, and oversees the technology intern program.
Back to top