Sr Developer, Mobile Android
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comSenior Developer, Mobile
The Senior Developer is responsible for designing/coding creative and scalable systems and software solutions that address business/technical needs in ever changing competitive market. Defines and maintains architecture and technology standards and best practices for mobile apps. Provides guidance and direction to project teams to ensure compliance with the standards and best practices. Evaluates and recommends technologies and techniques for applicability to T-Mobile systems.
We are looking for the candidate to help T-Mobile deliver next generation of mobile app. We want you to work with business stake holder and deliver awesome mobile experience to our customers. We value skills delivering and working with Open Source tools and infrastructure. You are self-driven, work well in a team, have great communication skills and bring leading edge skills on mobile technology to T-Mobile.
In T-Mobile's App team, we work cross-functionally to understand the linkage between T-Mobile's business goals, business architectures, and technology architectures and strive to further T-Mobile's business goals via organic or inorganic evolution of T-Mobile's architectures. Help in driving the evolution of T-Mobile's Digital transformation journey with keep focus on customer value through TMO App.
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming
- Thorough conceptual and hands-on knowledge of various Architectural patterns as it relates to complex Android and progressive web apps.
- 6+ years of strong object oriented application development experience
- 2+ years of complex android mobile application development experience
- Proficient in Java with experience in memory management and caching mechanisms specific to mobile devices.
- Experience and understanding of large and complex code bases and architectures.
- Experience in API design, SDK architecture, and mobile software lifecycle development practices.
- Familiarity with agile development methods (Scrum/Kanban)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BS degree in Telecommunications, Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Native Android app development
- Perform detail technical design and implementation of complex android applications
- Translates business requirements into technical requirements to implementation large customer facing products, starting from design through implementation.
- Work closely with the Product, UX/UI and Backend teams to design, build and extend consumer facing new products, platforms and features.
- Experience with managing a distributed delivery team that may contain an offshore component
- Improve product quality through code reviews, writing effective unit tests
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top