Sr Developer, Dev ops-S
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
Senior DevOps Engineer
Join the next wave of innovation efforts that is happening at T-Mobile. Join T-Mobile and take the next career move to work on projects that challenge your intellect, passion to succeed, drive and curiosity. If you are looking to work on projects that are the top organizational priority for the company and are biased towards providing compelling end user experience to improve customer satisfaction, look no further!!!!
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
- 7+ years of Development experience and Application Support
- 5 + years of experience on working multi-tiered Enterprise Application, Web or Single Page applications, Web Services and ITIL processes
- Good understanding of Algorithms, design patterns and software architecture
- Experience in monitoring system like Splunk, App Dynamics a plus
- Knowledge of Cloud computing, AWS, Docker, Chef and Mesos
- Expertise supporting desktop, mobile, tablet, and web-based software
- Strong work ethic, integrity, customer service and communication skills
- High attention to detail and Ability to multi-task
- Ability to recognize and address sensitive issues prior to customer escalation
- Top-notch application troubleshooting skills
- Experience and good Knowledge of design principles and best practices, implementing Web Services and REST architecture using XML/JSON;
- Experience of working on Enterprise systems with complex architecture
- Pre-employment background screen
- Legally authorized to work in United States
- Translate business, and functional requirements into documented technical specifications.
- Develop support documentation for tier 2 and tier 3 support
- Perform RCA (Root Cause Analysis) for the Hotfix issue and document the findings
- Utilize development skills to build (code) and unit test new systems functionality per technical specifications, with deliverables to include code builds and documented unit test results.
- Develop application support documentation as required by the application support teams for acceptance of systems changes into production.
- Build and unit test production deployment packages and implementation plans for scheduled systems enhancements.
- Facilitate/lead reviews (walkthroughs) of technical specifications and program code with other members of the technical team, communicating design, requirements, feature set, functionality and limitations of systems/applications to team and development lead.
- Utilize departmental Systems Development Lifecycle Methodology as a guide for development activities.
- Contribute to and work to meet project schedules by providing accurate estimates of effort required for development deliverables, by providing updates on project progress to development and project management, and by escalating issues that might affect project success to management.
- Collaborate/Partner with other teams including Enterprise Testing, Release Planning and Management, Business Systems Analysis, Project Management, and Application Support on successful delivery of systems enhancements.
- Support, triage, and troubleshoot customer support issues for new T-Mobile Digital Delivery application
- Support, triage and troubleshoot Testing Team issues for duration of the test/release cycle
- Support, Fix, Develop and deploy CMS, Content, Configuration changes as needed
- Support, triage and troubleshoot differing environment issues (Staging, Pre-production, Production) as needed, including system connectivity and communication protocols
- Manage and update certificates and Keys for D3 infrastructure as needed
- Fix issues as needed and work with the development team to address them
- Take the lead on high visibility, high priority and difficult support issues
- Work with directly with customers to identify and replicate problems
- Support daily/weekly T-Mobile deployment/releases
- Provide on call and after hours support as required for production releases and to respond and provide Tier 1 support on production outages.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively identify issues before customer escalation
- Maintain technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training.
- Collaborate/partner with other teams including Business Teams, Enterprise Testing, Release Management, Project Management, and Application Support for successful delivery of systems enhancements.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Senior Communications Manager
Janice manages research and communications for T-Mobile’s Enterprise IT Division, produces videos for the internal website, and oversees the technology intern program.
Back to top