Sr Data Scientist
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.This role is tasked with partnering with numerous internal marketing teams and outside partners to collaborate on and build focused learning agendas and targeting and segmentation strategies for prospect marketing; turning data into insights for marketing leaders. This will be done through the use of standard & emerging BI analytics tools in several areas, including customer segmentation, attribution modeling, marketing campaign design and predictive analytics. The ability to effectively communicate at all levels is crucial. The Senior Data Scientist is a knowledgeable leader who is passionate about data modeling, forecasting, optimization, and possesses a strong vision of how marketing data science can create value and cultivate a data driven culture across the company.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- 5+ years working with first and third party datasets
- 5+ years working with both common relational and/or non-relational databases as well as Hadoop Ecosystem tools
- 5+ years professional experience in marketing, product management, retail or related field in a quantitative role
- 5+ years relevant experience in creating models utilizing statistics and/or machine learning, designing and implementing your own algorithms and data structures
- Exposure to common web and digital media data sources.
- 2+ years in the telecom industry
- Proven experience in operational analysis, data analysis and problem resolution type activities
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize and analyze significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- A capacity for translating ambiguous and competing business challenges into concise data-driven problems
- Proficiency in constructing, publishing, and maintaining executive-level dashboards and visualizations which answer marketing questions to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to articulate and explain data in writing or verbally to stakeholders and executives in a clear and concise way.
- Strong problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities and intellectual curiosity to proactively uncover insights and trends within data
- Masters/Advanced Degree. Quantitative Discipline (math, statistics, economics, computer science, physics, engineering, etc.)
- Contribute to the analytical thought and help cultivate a data driven culture across the company
- Perform ad hoc data mining and statistical analyses on complex marketing campaigns.
- Collaborate with the marketing strategy, media and modeling teams to develop practical segmentation strategies and targeting models for digital and omni-channel campaigns from development through testing, validation and production implementation
- Partner with market research to perform competitive analysis and identify gaps and opportunities in the marketplace that can be leveraged to devise new marketing programs
- Partner with the marketing strategy and measurement teams to interpret implement the appropriate KPIs for various marketing programs and to evaluate and interpret the results of single and omni-channel strategies
- Stay apprised of data and analytics trends and technologies and act as a key liaison to Marketing Engineering and IT to to ensure that requirements for integration, security, data quality, enrichment and cross-functional usage are addressed
- Identify and perform “deep dive” analysis/data mining on special business topics for and with all major functional areas (Marketing ROI and optimization, forecasting, customer segmentation, etc.)
- Provide senior level guidance to the acquisition marketing team on approach and methodologies as a subject matter expert.
- Ensuring accurate reporting, effective controls and the evolution of analytics services
- Work closely with management team to prioritize business and information needs
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top