Sr Data Scientist
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comThe Enterprise Data Solutions (EDS) IT team is looking for a technology savvy resource to perform advanced analytics activities in support of prioritized business needs. Advanced analytics and data science practices continue to grow at T-Mobile and support from the IT organization is critical from providing flexible environment/tool capabilities to accessing data quickly/securely to providing advanced analytics services to teams with limited knowledge in this area. This position will solve business problems and explore business questions through applied statistics and/or data mining techniques. This position will also serve as a consulting resource to business organizations that have difficult/challenging problems to solve via analysis. A person entering this role requires a blend of experience in performing analytics activities and working knowledge of IT systems/processes to provide a great consulting experience for our internal customers. The EDS team supports various business areas in achieving business results including Finance, Marketing, Digital, and Supply Chain.
- 5+ years of experience in analyzing complex data sets with experience in advanced analytics practices
- Working knowledge of 2 of the following technologies/languages: SAS, SPSS, Spark, R and/or Python
- Experience in operating within traditional RDMS’s such as SQL, Teradata, Oracle and experience with platforms such as Hadoop or other Map Reduce paradigms
- Proficient in constructing, publishing, and maintaining executive-level dashboards and visualizations
- Experience building statistical models with stream data
- Excellent communication skills and ability to partner effectively with peers
- MS / PhD in Machine Learning, Statistics, Computer Science, Data Mining, Math or any quantitative discipline
- Provide ad hoc analytical and data support for multiple business areas
- Apply data mining and machine learning techniques for a variety of modeling and relevance problems
- Present hypotheses and findings to appropriate audiences
- Communicate complex analytical insights into a simple, concise manner
- Participate in advanced analytics project efforts from new tool selection/implementation to use case delivery
- Stay appraised of data and analytics trends and technologies and act as a liaison to both IT and business teams regarding these trends
- Partner with IT and business teams in making analytics user groups successful while promoting standards, knowledge sharing and best tools/practices
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Senior Communications Manager
Janice manages research and communications for T-Mobile’s Enterprise IT Division, produces videos for the internal website, and oversees the technology intern program.
Back to top