Sr Data Scientist
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comWe are looking for a Sr. Data Scientist that will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us launch new businesses and make smarter decisions to improve existing products and build new ones.
This is a unique opportunity to join a new, multidisciplinary team of creative and passionate individuals destined to change the face of the wireless industry.
Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems to power new lines of business for T-Mobile.
We’re looking for someone who is driven to show the world the power of applied analytics and uncover the magic in large datasets.
As a Sr. data scientists on T-Mobile’s Emerging Businesses team, you will provide expertise on mathematical concepts for applied analytics that enable T-Mobile to create new lines of business derived from our vast data assets.
This Sr. Data Scientist role is on the Data Driven Businesses (DDB) team within the Emerging Businesses (EB) organization.EB’s mission is to develop, launch, and operate new businesses that leverage T-Mobile network data, retail, and platform assets.
We’re a lean, flat and experimental team with P&L responsibility that feeds straight into T-Mobile’s bottom line.
- Ph.D. or Master’s Degree in operations research, applied statistics, data mining, machine learning, physics or a related quantitative discipline
- Deep understanding of statistical and predictive modeling concepts, machine-learning approaches, clustering and classification techniques, and recommendation and optimization algorithms.
- 5+ years of experience delivering world-class data science outcomes, you solve complex analytical problems using quantitative approaches with your unique blend of analytical, mathematical and technical skills
- Keen desire to solve business problems
- Accomplished in the use of statistical analysis environments such as R, MATLAB, SPSS or SAS.
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau and Microstrategy.
- Comfortable with relational databases and Hadoop-based data mining frameworks.
- Familiar with SQL, Python, Java and C/C++.
- Desire a fast paced, test-driven, collaborative and iterative engineering environment. You love learning, data, scale and agility.
- Excel at making complex concepts simple and easy to understand by those around you.
- Develop in-house T-Mobile competency in big data analytics, using the latest in machine learning, and other leading edge data science technologies.
- Discover the magic in massive data sets that can create new lines of business for T-Mobile.
- Create library of analytics to power new and existing Data Driven Businesses
- Synthesize our massive dataset to support the ongoing analytics needs of existing businesses.
- Advocate, evangelize and build new data-fueled products
- Produce new and creative analytic solutions that will become part of the DDB’s core deliverables
- Research, design, implement and validate cutting-edge algorithms to analyze diverse sources of data to achieve targeted outcomes with the ultimate goal of increasing DDB revenue and margins
- Recommend and/or implement procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Be the liason between Data Driven Busines customers and internal capabilities
- Partner and coordinate platform and analytics tools and capabilities across all T-Mobile stakeholders including Engineering, IT, Marketing, Corporate Strategy, and Business Intelligence
- Extend company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Present findings and insights in a clear, visual manner
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Senior Communications Manager
Janice manages research and communications for T-Mobile’s Enterprise IT Division, produces videos for the internal website, and oversees the technology intern program.
Back to top