Sr Data Architect
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comSr Data Architect
The Senior Engineer will work under supervision of Senior Manager the Engineering Intelligence & Analytics team (EI&A), analyzing complex business needs to determine appropriate solutions and design appropriate technical solutions, consulting with business partners to determine requirements and assist in identifying and documenting appropriate solutions through the application of technology to meet business needs. Key contributions include the design and architecture of big data applications to meet business needs based on business requirements, where successful performance will include demonstrated ownership and timely responses to business problems and business unit inquiries. It is expected to work under minimal supervision, effectively analyzing and resolving medium to moderately large risk production problems related to assigned applications, assess alternatives and implement long-term solutions
- Database Design
- Data Maintenance
- Database Security
- Database Management
- Requirements Analysis
- Technical Zeal with strong understanding of software development methodologies
- Project Management with strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Presenting Technical Information with ability to direct the work of other architects in a lead role
- Operating Systems
- 5+ years as software or systems architect, engineer, programmer
- 3+ years in business environment
Minimum 4-year degree in computer science or related discipline. Technology certifications (such as Java, Microsoft, Oracle) a plus
Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods. Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods. This position requires working with a computer (k
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce. Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Determines database structural requirements by analyzing end user operations, applications, and programming; reviewing objectives with internal and external T-Mobile customers;
- Develops database solutions by designing proposed system; defining database physical structure and functional capabilities
- Installs database systems by developing flowcharts; applying optimum access techniques; coordinating installation actions; documents actions.
- Maintains database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases; completing maintenance; answering user questions.
- Prepares users by conducting training.
- Provides database support by coding utilities, responding to user questions, and resolving problems.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Provide technical guidelines for design and development of large scale cluster data processing systems
- Establish the reference architecture, processes, standards, framework
- Review all deliverables for technical completeness and to ensure the performance, flexibility, operability, maintainability and scalability of the proposed technical solution
- Prepares and maintains documents that include architecture diagrams, data models, and navigation maps in area of expertise
- Analyze and prepare recommendations to address existing and potential trouble areas in systems and procedures across the organization as well as design and recommendation on new solutions both in relation to hardware and software design.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct technical evaluation of third party products for inclusion in T-Mobile solutions Help define software development processes
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Understands the business processes on Projects Assigned
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Translates business requirements into technical requirements and assist other team members in implementing the solution
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top