Sr Credit Risk Manager
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comT-Mobile has an opening for a Sr Credit Risk Manager in the Portfolio Credit Risk (PCR) department. T-Mobile's Portfolio Credit Risk team is responsible for assessing credit risk of new applicants as well as managing the credit & bad debt risk of the existing customer portfolio. The team heavily focuses on using its analytical expertise to gain deep understanding of customer behavior and using the customer insights to drive positive change within the organization.
As a Sr Credit Risk Manager within the PCR team, you will be required to wear multiple hats. You must have a strong blend of analytical skills, presentation skills, project management, and ability to develop strong partnership/relationships with key business partners. You will be identifying new credit segmentation opportunities, driving enhancements to our credit decisioning process and policies, and partnering with marketing and/or financial care on developing new product concepts/strategies to help manage risk.
You must be able to manipulate large amounts of data, extract key insights from the data, and then be able to take it up a notch and clearly and concisely communicate actionable recommendations based upon your insights. In many cases, you will manage projects at every stage from idea/hypothesis to development and implementation.
This position is an individual contributor
- 5-7 years of related analytical experience required
- BA/BS in Finance, Economics, Mathematics. Statistics or related degree required. MBA or MS in economics a plus
- Credit Risk management experience, preferably with a credit card issuer
- Superior communication, organization and presentation skills
- Intermediate to Advanced Proficiency in SQL. SAS a plus
- Advanced computer skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, required.
- Project Management experience preferred
- Wireless/Telecom experience a plus.
- Intermediate to Advanced proficiency in Knowledge Seeker or similar software preferred.
- Utilize statistical segmentation techniques to identify new opportunities
- Performing complex qualitative and quantitative analysis of credit polices to ensure financial goals are being attained
- Financial modeling and business case development
- Developing underwriting strategies for new customers
- Developing complex predictive financial and analytical models
- Evaluating new risk products offered by vendors
- Perform trend/regression analysis and forecasting
- Extracting data from multiple disparate sources
At least 18 years of age. Legally authorized to work in the United States. High School Diploma or GED. Pre-employment background screen.We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top