Sr Corporate Counsel, Privacy
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.If you are passionate about Privacy and want to be part of a dynamic team that focuses on cutting edge mobile technologies and communications solutions, T-Mobile is the place for you. We are the Uncarrier, and we’re changing the world of wireless by focusing on creating the best wireless experience in the market – through our network enhancements, applications, and customer service.
In this position, in our corporate headquarters in Bellevue, Washington, you will enjoy the visibility this role offers as you partner with key business leaders from product development, finance, marketing, human resources, information technology, engineering and our front line, as well as other members of the Legal department, to help drive innovative products and services to the next level.
If you are a sharp, technology-adept attorney who is looking for a challenge in an exciting and collegial environment, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Working knowledge of state and federal privacy and cybersecurity laws, regulations, and industry best practices
- Previous legal experience in telecom, finance, or high tech industries highly desirable
- Experience in developing and managing privacy programs to ensure legal compliance (e.g. CPNI, ECPA, HIPAA, Do-Not-Contact, GLBA, FCRA, etc.)
- Driven and proactive leader who is committed to excellence
- Ability to build effective partnerships with various teams and management levels throughout the enterprise
- Excellent verbal and written skills; Strong personal computer skills
- Ability to quickly establish partnerships with security personnel to implement practical and effective controls
- Proactive team player that garners respect on and off the job
JD is required
At least 7-10 years legal privacy experience
Law firm and in-house experience preferred
IAPP Certification a plus
- Provide guidance and advice to the various business units and assist them in complying with internal policies, privacy laws and industry best practices
- Help conduct privacy training classes across the enterprise
- Research changes in privacy laws and regulations and recommend new policy and procedures as necessary
- Assists in developing compliance measurement criteria
- Participate in our breach response team
- Project management
- Prepare executive presentations and quarterly privacy reports
- Other duties as assigned
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top