Sr Communications Manager - Corporate & Brand Communications
T-Mobile is the nationÃ¢â,¬â¢s Un-carrier and the fastest growing US wireless company, thanks to an unconventional philosophy built on listening to customers and breaking from tired industry norms. This company is changing wireless for good and preaching the word to let customers far and wide know that we wonÃ¢â,¬â¢t stop!
WeÃ¢â,¬â¢re a tight knit team of a fierce few fighting hard against infinitely better resourced competitors to change wireless for good. The way we make news is in line with how we approach doing business - we set our own rules, move fast, aim to be unpredictable, are transparent and donÃ¢â,¬â¢t put up with BS. Like our style? WeÃ¢â,¬â¢re looking for a new Senior Manager communications to join us!
The Senior Manager will work alongside a kick-ass team of PR pros and leaders to amplify things like the Un-carrierÃ¢â,¬â¢s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives focused on supporting communities and sustainability.
YouÃ¢â,¬â¢ll also be responsible for increasing broad awareness and coverage of T-Mobile as a Best Place to Work through news and stories highlighting our hiring and recruiting efforts as well as our unique workplace environment and culture.
Plus, youÃ¢â,¬â¢ll get the opportunity to support the team on senior level executive media engagement and negotiations with top tier national media outlets. YouÃ¢â,¬â¢ll get to wear a LOT of hats at T-Mobile Ã¢â,¬ so weÃ¢â,¬â¢re looking for you to come with bold ideas and deep experience driving brand stories with top tier media and consumers. YouÃ¢â,¬â¢ll know how to develop smart, tailored media plans (on the fly!), dream up and sell in unique story concepts or attention-grabbing moments, and develop and manage reporter/influencer relationships. And when we need you, youÃ¢â,¬â¢ll be willing to pinch hit on a wide variety of projects for the team and in lock-step with our agency resources.
Essentially, you should be a multi-talented PR badass and natural leader and collaborator with no ego, a hunger to learn and an unquenchable desire to beat up the competition while doing great, memorable, epicly awesome things.
- Develop and lead team on execution of plans that drive awareness for CSR news & evergreen momentum
- Identify key initiatives, news and or momentum/top stories that amplify T-Mobile as a best place to work/employer
- Own, create and cultivate national media relationships focused on corporate/brand/CSR efforts
- Support senior level executive media engagements and activities (e.g. scheduling, logistics, negotiations, materials, etc)
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and agency resources to drive alignment and results.
- Jump in on projects where the team needs additional support without needing weeks to get up to speed.
- Be seen as an expert, always coming to the table with a unique, informed POV.
- Assist in the execution of PR events and media relations activities.
- 8+ yearsÃ¢â,¬â¢ experience managing communications and media strategy at a PR/marketing agency or fast-paced corporate comms/PR team.
- Strong (and current) national media and influencer relationships and experience.
- Understanding of consumer technology and wireless technologies.
- Experience managing senior level executive engagements.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to partner across the company and with different teams.
- Understanding of social mediaÃ¢â,¬â¢s impact on media relations.
- Proficient using MS Office
- BachelorÃ¢â,¬â¢s degree is required
- Strong writing and editing skills Ã¢â,¬ attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Urgency and flexibility
- Calm under pressure and tight deadlines
- Thrives in a fast-paced culture of change and innovation; you have to be able to think on your feet and pivot on a dime.
- Ability to work independently but knows when to bring relevant and timely updates to the forefront at the right time.
- A roll-up-your-sleeves attitude with a bias towards action; a self-starter who takes initiative rather than waiting for direction; general ass-kicker.
- Works well with others whether leading or contributing to a project.
- Ensures productivity is maximized and quality is delivered.
- Excellent follow-through skills Ã¢â,¬ you do what you say youÃ¢â,¬â¢ll do and dot the iÃ¢â,¬â¢s.
- Positive interpersonal and communication skills, critical thinking, upbeat attitude, high integrity, persistence and personal initiative all are required.
- Ready and willing to adapt to the possibility of uncertainty, new territory and change every day.
As AmericaÃ¢â,¬â¢s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: Ã¢â,¬Å"TMUSÃ¢â,¬?) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The companyÃ¢â,¬â¢s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top