Sr. Business Operations Manager (Technology Shared Services)
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comSr. Business Operations Manager (Technology Shared Services)
The Business Ops Manager supports and reports directly to the Vice President of Technology Shared Services and provides support to the TSS executive leadership team. Provides leadership on planning and execution around all administrative and operational activities. Responsible to help drive the organization toward functional excellence. The Ops manager provides oversight and guidance to projects of high importance. Responsible for tracking and keeping the TSS leadership informed of operational performance around most aspects of the organization. Must provide exceptional leadership and effective management in all areas of the business by driving a balanced management system, operations, risk and compliance and administration. Must have the ability to get along well with others and lead through influence.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership. Ability to get along well with others and collaborate is key to the success of this position.
- Ability to communicate with and manage executives to specific outcomes.
- Proactive in anticipating and preempting potential problems.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Ability to employ strict discretion in sensitive situations.
- Demonstrated project/process management ability
- Demonstrated operational performance management capabilities
Bachelors Degree. Related field
- Serve as the primary point of contact and supports administrative and operational management for the TSS organization.
- May be required to serve as proxy for the TSS leader in key critical business meetings/projects in relation to operational issues, projects, team progress and risk-related issues.
- Responsible for ensuring availability of required metrics and reporting.
- Accountable to continually monitor the top priority active projects within the TSS organization and ensuring TSS leadership has appropriately prioritized such projects, keeping the leadership team abreast of all matters of significance requiring immediate attention.
- Will serve as the organization's coordinator of strategy development & deployment, goal management, project leadership and management of special projects on an as-needed basis.
- Will work directly with the TSS HR manager to help drive effective organizational design and efficiencies to strengthen the organization.
- The Operations Manager must possess solid operational and technological knowledge along with business acumen
- Serve as department liaison across other functional groups regarding process change, policy change, compliance issues, and
- Works with the TSS Communication's manager and team to ensure timely response for required communications.
- Plan, Communicate and execute the weekly TSS Staff meeting - addressing actions and follow ups.
- Track departmental metrics to ensure efficiency - hiring, contractors and budgets.
- Ability to employ strict discretion in sensitive situations.
- Demonstrated project/process management ability
- Drives operational performance management capabilities
- Influences and drives direction through standard organization and other industry forums.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top