Sr Business Intelligence Developer
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Works with analysts and business partners to design and deliver reporting/analytic solutions, as required to deliver new systems functionality supporting corporate business objectives. This position typically works on complex and challenging projects individually, under the direction a Team Lead.
Preferred Minimum Technical/Experience
- Minimum 7 years experience in design, development, and administration of BI tools such as SSAS, Business Objects, Crystal, etc. required
- Minimum 7 years experience with relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata) required
- Minimum 7 years experience in translating business needs into technical solutions required
- 5 to 7 years experience with a data warehouse environment required
- Minimum 5 years experience developing OLAP data sources.
- Minimum 3 years SSAS Cube Development experience
- 4 year Bachelor degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field (or 4-6 years equivalent experience) required
- Teradata SQL development experience highly desired
- Tableau Server and development experience
- Intermediate MDX Experience
- Full understanding of SDLC and best practices
- Understanding of infrastructure needed to support enterprise reporting environments
- Experience with system and desktop tools – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPivot, PowerPoint, Visio, etc
- Understanding of Business Intelligence methodologies
- Demonstrated experience in a technical lead role or team lead role
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Gather complex data inputs from multiple sources, both internally and externally, to create analytic data sources using Teradata, SQL Server and SSAS.
- Assesses the needs of the business, prioritize projects and drive new reporting requirements to completion. Work cross-functionally as needed to enable data architecture and solutions that best meet the analytics and reporting needs of the business. Drive clarity or requirements and ensure delivery meets agreed upon requirements.
- End-to-end management of development projects from concept and requirements gathering to testing and deployment.
- Identify and communicate key insights to leadership team based on reports and analysis.
- Work cross functionally in order to proactively and systematically identify and implement enhancements to reporting and analytics processes
- Regularly assumes project/initiative responsibility
- Complete complex ad-hoc research, analysis, and reporting. Serves as a subject-matter expert on the team.
- Provides guidance to more junior employees and serve as team lead. May serve as Manager’s proxy in his/her absence.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top