Sr Business Development Manager
The role combines industry expertise, strategic thinking, business modeling, and relationship management skills to identify areas of alignment and mutual benefit with potential partners, identify gaps in business model and delivery capabilities, support joint solution development, and to guide the initial stages of joint engagements for pilots, proof-of-concepts, and initial product and/or category launches.
The individual will nurture partner relationships and prepare them for operationalized processes and relationships with the IoT/M2M/Wholesale teams. Through these efforts the individual will validate emerging market verticals, sales channels, revenue models, and partner capabilities to create product playbooks for market entry.
The individual will also engage and support virtual innovation and product teams for those teams to define technical architecture integration and joint solutions development; and engage Corporate Strategy, Legal, and Procurement to establish relationships and identify joint strategic opportunities through the creation of initial MSA, T&Cs, and operating frameworks where required. This position reports to the Director of IoT Marketing.
- Create scalable model for partner scoping, engagement, and support to grow the IoT and M2M business.
- Define the market attractiveness of joint partner offerings through strong technical and business partnerships that enhance the customer use case and deliver revenue beyond connectivity by establishing collaborative activities with partners in designated areas of the ecosystem (e.g. Health, Wearables, Smart City).
- Identify targets, develop and drive the corporate strategic relationship(s) and ensure they are in concert with overall IoT plan, including:
- Validate partners-based solution opportunities and GTM opportunities
- Ensure stakeholder buy-in via development of agreements that enhance pre-established business cases and/or result in new business cases found in the exploration of partnerships
- Define and facilitate technology and GTM interlocks between partners and TMUS product and operations groups
- Initiate and maintain executive relationships with target partner(s), with primary focus on the business aspects, including the partners' product groups, marketing and field organizations
- Evangelize TMUS to external organizations and partners to gain engagement in TMUS reseller, Hub, and innovation programs
- Understand and communicate the strategic vision of the partner(s) and act as 'expert advisor' within TMUS on partner's organization, products, technology and plans
- Track and regularly report on current and potential projects for each partner
- Oversee establishment of joint corporate agreements and their compliance, including business agreements such as Letters of Understanding, Term Sheets, Development License Agreements, Statements of Work, Non-Disclosure Agreements, etc.
- Relevant BachelorÃ¢â,¬â¢s Degree/Undergrad Degree required
- 10+ years of related industry experience
- 5+ years of experience and strong track record in business development, technology alliances, developing and negotiating partnerships
- Critical, analytical, and innovative thinker with strong business acumen resulting in the ability to effectively communicate and partner at the executive level.
- Ability to think strategically and translate into business and execution plans; must be able to lead, review and execute multiple strategic projects and manage virtual teams.
- Build trust and display confidence in his or her intentions and those of the organization.
- Excellent written, analytical and business development skills to balance strategic thinking and execution of tactical activity including the ability to crisply communicate and present at an executive level.
- Technical or business undergraduate degree and MBA
- Experience managing partners or commercial products in wireless or cloud services
- International experience helpful
As AmericaÃ¢â,¬â¢s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: Ã¢â,¬Å"TMUSÃ¢â,¬?) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The companyÃ¢â,¬â¢s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top