Sr Business Analysis Manager
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Senior Business Analysis Manager, Commercial Analytics – Metro
The charter of the Commercial Analytics team is to:
- Own modeling and prototypes to drive a deeper understanding of customer, product, and brand profitability
- Deliver insights on T-Mobile investments to steer future investment decisions
This role favors the extremely analytical. The ideal candidate is self-driven, comfortable with data, spreadsheets, and models, and is capable of owning analysis end to end with minimal oversight. This person will thrive on the challenges inherent to dissecting complex problems, utilizing a fact-based approach to derive actionable conclusions and clear recommendations to improve investment results. The candidate will extract the big picture through bottoms-up modeling to formulate robust insights and viewpoints. This person will be comfortable learning and navigating internal databases independently using SQL.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Engineering, Economics, or Statistics or related field or the foreign equivalent and 7 years of progressively responsible post-baccalaureate relevant work experience.
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS: Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Engineering, Economics, or Statistics or related field or the foreign equivalent and 5 years of relevant work experience.
Applicant’s experience must include:
- Experience preparing executive-level presentation in power point and communicating the insights to executive
- Experience utilizing SAS, or R, or SPSS to create predictive models and to use data mining tools
- Experience utilizing SQL to create complex joints, and queries while working with millions of rows of data
- Expert skills in Microsoft Excel performing financial modeling
- Industry experience in consulting or telecommunications or banking preferred
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
Essential Job Functions:
- Construct executive-level presentations and present complex analytical findings in a clear, concise, and decision-impacting manner. Possess the ability to influence leadership through fact-based analyses.
- Lead development of profitability segmentation framework for Metro brand. Identify actionable segments to optimize, i.e. where to increase or pull back investments.
- Lead development of statistical models such as logistic regressions and neural network to estimate customer lifetime value of Metro brand and work with development teams to implement those models into production environment.
- Lead analytics for various Metro brand initiatives to optimize and increase the value of the portfolio. Work with marketing and finance leads to operationalize these initiatives.
- Use data mining tools such as decision trees and clustering analysis to derive insights.
- Educate business partners on value-based steering principles and how to apply these principles to program development
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top