Sr Business Analysis Manager
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.The Devices and Procurement organization in Finance manages T-Mobile’s end to end devices and accessories ecosystem. This includes device strategy, OEM sourcing, demand planning, logistics/fulfillment, and device refurbishment.
The Senior Analytics Manager will be a key member to the team that delivers accurate and timely forecasts and insights in support of an operationally efficient and nimble planning organization. We are looking for candidates with strong intellectual curiosity, keen critical thinking skills and a passion for success. You will be working with a small group of highly skilled and intelligent individuals. Key areas of focus include forecasting demand of all device consumption (sales, insurance and warranty), as well as supply of devices we collect through our highly successful handset programs (JUMP! and Premium Handset Protection). In addition, we are seeking someone who is continually seeking to improve forecasting accuracy through data-driven analytics. This includes performance evaluation of statistical forecasting methods, as well as evaluating and quantifying marketing promotions and pricing changes. Successful candidates must have a strong quantitative modeling background, data-driven analytic skills with high-degree of proficiency in SQL and SAS, and a solid understanding of economic frameworks. They must be able to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, are not afraid to challenge status-quo thinking, and have an ability to influence all levels of the organization to take action.
- 5-7 years professional experience including relevant experience with responsibility for the P&L financial performance of products in-market.
- Bachelor’s degree (Advanced degree preferred) in a quantitative discipline, preferably Econometrics, Statistics or Math.
- Relevant experience preferred in one or more of the following (or related) categories: telecommunications, consumer electronics, and/or supply chain operations
- Strong financial modeling & forecasting background and skills
- Excellent statistical modeling background and skills
- Excellent understanding of economic drivers of business products
- Comfortable extracting and manipulating datasets (big and small) from disparate sources using tools such as SQL and SAS
- Highly proficient in Excel
- Proven record of working effectively in the face of change and ambiguity
- A self-starter with strong passion for success
- Highly adaptive to a fast-moving environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and teamwork spirit
- Ability to prioritize and deliver on multiple threads of work
- Track record of personal initiative and ability to drive change
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present detailed analytical results in consumable and understandable formats
- Experience with SAP strongly desired
- Develop, maintain, and improve baseline statistical forecasts.
- Improve forecasting accuracy by identifying, analyzing, and quantifying relevant forecast drivers. Drivers include, but are not limited to, pricing changes, promotions, distribution strategy, competitive pressure, and the evolution of devices through their lifecycle.
- Improve overall efficiency of forecasting processes through development of lean and agile processes.
- Present findings to cross functional partners at all levels of the organization.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top