Sr Business Analysis Manager
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.This role supports the T-Mobile marketing leadership team by providing key quantitative insights about T-Mobile’s performance in the marketplace relative to competitors.
Reporting to the Director of Mobile Ecosystem Analytics, the Senior Business Analysis Manager will assist in the development and maintenance of a marketing learning system. This is a weekly and monthly deliverable that tracks the actions of T-Mobile relative to those of other carriers. It seeks to understand and evaluate the relative effectiveness of marketing moves, providing insights about competitive dynamics and what activities are contributing to positive or negative results.
The Senior Business Analysis Manager will also be responsible for maintaining an industry subscriber model. Using quarterly reported results, analyst financial models, and a variety of internal data sets, they will provide marketing leadership with current estimates of T-Mobile postpaid and prepaid market share. They will work to evaluate and on-board new data sources to improve accuracy, and continually refine the model as additional information becomes available.
This is a position with high visibility across the marketing team, supporting decision making at the highest levels. The Senior Business Analysis Manager must be adept at quantitative analysis, have strong communication skills, and proficiency interpreting and visualizing large data sets to generate quantitative insights. The ideal candidate is likely to have a background in investment banking &/or strategy consulting.
- Strong independent thinking, leadership, and problem solving skills
- Keen interest in quantitative analytics and decision support in business environment
- Excellent critical thinking skills and business instincts; willing to ask tough questions and formulate creative hypotheses
- Conceptual understanding of data analysis methodologies, such as: data mining, linear/non-linear regressions, optimization, probability and statistics
- Ability to clearly articulate complex analyses at a level understandable to non-technical audiences
- Adept at multi-tasking and applying appropriate prioritization to competing deliverables
- MBA, Master’s, or PhD degree in quantitative field required — Operations Research, Applied Math, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, Quantitative Finance, or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in business analysis, preferably in management consulting or investment banking
- Excellent communication skills with executive level presence
- Comfortable manipulating and analyzing large data sets
- Advanced skills in Excel, PowerPoint required; R, Tableau, SQL a plus
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Track and understand industry media trends, competitive landscape, and potential drivers of customer behavior
- Build and maintain industry subscriber models for T-Mobile and competitors; provide current estimates of market share
- Assist with production of the Marketing Learning System report on a weekly and monthly basis; adding/enhancing/ automating report content whenever possible
- Offer insights about the mobile ecosystem environment interpreting the impact of competitor &/or TMUS actions
- Explore potential sources of data & competitive intelligence, coordinating with third party vendors & other T-Mobile teams to ensure that information is accurate and timely
- Perform ad hoc analysis to support executive decisions, using relevant data and appropriate historical comparisons
- Create simple, effective methods for data visualization which can be shared with senior marketing leadership
- Distill insights from large data sets, and identify trade-offs, financial, and strategic implications
- Articulate key findings, actionable insights, and recommendations, to both technical and non-technical audiences
T-Mobile USA, Inc is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, disability or protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Back to top