Sr Architect, Systems
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.As a Senior Solutions Architect, you will architect, design, and build the future Products & Services capabilities at T-Mobile. Your success will be measured on your ability to rapidly develop a keen understanding of TMUS information architecture while working closely with other architecture and development teams to build world class solutions. This position will work very closely with Leadership, Principal Architects and Development team members to build out and execute an MDM Strategy for Product Catalog information, exposing capabilities to other enterprise systems via APIs and Microservices.
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience with enterprise level database systems such as Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata or others.
- 3+ years in an Architect role.
- Understanding of data modeling principles in relational and dimensional database structures.
- Understands and relates business needs as they pertain to Data Sources/Systems/etc.
- Ability to collaborate with business users to understand requirements and Architecture Mapping Documents.
- Excellent customer management skills including the ability to use personal initiative and to be a “self-starter
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience with APIs and Microservices and supporting technology tools/processes. Experience with a variety of information architecture components such as MDM, data warehousing, data quality, metadata management, content management, Big Data/NoSQL, SOA, etc.,
- Familiarity with Artifactory, Bitbucket, Cloudbees/Jenkins, Docker, Methos Maven, Puppet, and Splunk.Experience with IBM InfoSphere MDM a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong relationship building skills Skilled in applying strategic architecture direction to project delivery using standard engagement methods Proficiency in productivity applications such as MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, etc.
- Compile, develop, and deliver architectural guidelines; influence stakeholders and ensure compliance with architectural guardrails within many technology domains that support the needs of project teams to reliably launch application enhancements.
- Drive the evolution of infrastructure, processes, products, and services by influencing decision makers and working with Architects in other domains.
- Participation in drafting and driving Products & Services roadmap.
- Draft and implement development processes, management plans and contract deliverable schedules (baselines), operational troubleshooting, and training.
- Mentor team members including on best practices in area of expertise. Identify and suggest training opportunities for immediate workgroup to help promote bench strength.
- Create architecture and technical design documents to communicate solutions that will be implemented by the development team.
- Create High Level Solution Design (HLSD) in support of Enterprise Projects and present HLSD to senior leadership during Capital Assessment reviews.
- Develop proofs-of-concept and prototypes to help illustrate approaches to technology and business problems.
- Prepare visual diagrams of system architecture, functionality, and process flows.
- Educate organization on available and emerging toolsets.
- Present solutions to clients, project teams, and other stakeholders adapting style to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on an existing suite of complex applications.
- Work in an ambiguous, large and complex organization on tight-timelines with DBA team to ensure set-up of environments
- Work with team to design, architect, and implement next generation system architecture and automation solutions.
Implement, maintain, and improve Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery processes, tools, and environments as appropriate
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top