Sr Architect, Systems
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.As a Senior Solution Architect, you will Architect, design, and build enterprise class Business Intelligence Solutions. Your success will be measured on your ability to rapidly develop a keen understanding of TMUS Information architecture while working closely with other architecture and development teams to build world class solutions. This position will work very closely Leadership, Principal Architects and Development team members to build out and execute the Business Intelligence Strategy.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Minimum of 5-7+ years of experience with enterprise level database systems such as Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server or others, emphasis on Teradata.
- Understanding of data modeling principles in relational and dimensional database structures.
- Excellent SQL knowledge and ability to write and understand complex sql logic to join multiple tables from multiple sources.
- Understands and relates business needs as they pertain to Data Sources/Systems/etc.
- Ability to collaborate with business users to understand requirements and Architecture Mapping Documents.
- Excellent customer management skills including the ability to use personal initiative and to be a “self-starter
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience with Hadoop tools and technologies
- Experience building Business Intelligence platforms in an enterprise environment.
- Proficiency in productivity applications such as MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong relationship building skills
- Skilled in applying strategic architecture direction to project delivery using standard engagement methods
- Experience with a variety of information architecture components such as MDM, data warehousing, data quality, business intelligence, metadata management, content management, Big Data/NoSQL, SOA, etc.,
- Compile, develop, and deliver architectural guardrails; influence stakeholders and ensure compliance with architectural guardrails within many technology domains that support the needs of project teams to reliably launch marketing application enhancements including CRM
- Drive the evolution of infrastructure, processes, products, and services by convincing decision makers
- Draft and implement development processes, management plans and contract deliverable schedules (baselines), operational troubleshooting and training
- Mentor team members on best practices in area of expertise. Grasp and communicate big-picture enterprise-wide issues to team. Lead the architects and the rest of the team members in the team in coaching them around the areas of their function
- Mentor team members including on best practices in area of expertise. Identify and suggest training opportunities for immediate workgroup to help promote bench strength
- Serve as a subject matter expert to guide technology strategy by convincing decision makers across multiple domains and working with Architects in each domain
- Work with business teams and technical analysts to understand business requirements. Determine how to leverage technology to create solutions that satisfy the business requirements.
- Serve as a technical resource for business teams to help define, estimate and recommend optimized solutions for business opportunities.
- Provide critical architectural inputs during RFI and RFP process.
- Determine and validate potential data sources, build validation plan, assisting with or building scripts, executing the scripts, and communicating results in non-production environment
- Create architecture and technical design documents to communicate solutions that will be implemented by the development team.
- Create High Level Solution Design (HLSD) in support of Enterprise Projects and present HLSD to senior leadership during Capital Assessment reviews.
- Develop proofs-of-concept and prototypes to help illustrate approaches to technology and business problems.
- Prepare visual diagrams of system architecture, functionality, and process flows.
- Work with development, infrastructure, test, and production support teams to ensure proper implementation of solution.
- Educate organization on available and emerging toolsets.
- Present solutions to clients, project teams, and other stakeholders adapting style to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Attention to detail, time management, work prioritization, multi-tasking, estimate tasks, on-time deliverables and task delegation & follow up
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on an existing suite of complex applications
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture to define service delivery landscape
- Work in an ambiguous, large and complex organization on tight-timelines with DBA team to ensure set-up of environment
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top