Sr Architect, Systems
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.As a Senior Solution Architect, you will Architect, design, and build enterprise class Business Intelligence Solutions. Your success will be measured on your ability to rapidly develop a keen understanding of TMUS Information architecture while working closely with other architecture and development teams to build world class solutions. This position will work very closely Leadership, Principal Architects and Development team members to build out and execute the Business Intelligence Strategy.xperience/Technical Skills:
- Strong AWS or cloud services a plus
- Translates business requirements into technical requirements and assist other team members in implementing the solution
- Experience with managing a distributed delivery team that may contain an offshore component.
- Working Knowledge of Scripting (Python and shell scripting), configuration integration (Chef, Puppet, Ansible), continuous Integration (Jenkins), and NoSQL database (Cassandra, etc)
- Provide direct technical evaluation of third party products for inclusion in T-Mobile solutions. Help define software development processes
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Understands the business processes on projects assigned
- Strong troubleshooting skills. Ability to troubleshoot complex IT eco systems and can articulate challenges and solution to technical and business teams.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- BS degree in Telecommunications, Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5+ years as software or systems architect, engineer, programmer
- Ability to direct the work of other architects in a lead role.
- Competent in two or more of the following technical disciplines: Expert Knowledge of Object Oriented Languages & Concepts; Java required Expert Knowledge of ecommerce platforms; n-Tier required, IBM desired Expert Knowledge of Middleware and SOA Technologies Expert Knowledge of Presentation tier technologies: web portal required. Expert Knowledge of systems Security technology. Expert Knowledge of Business Process Management technologies
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Thorough conceptual and hands-on knowledge of Architecture, Database Design and Business Intelligence concepts.
- Familiarity with metrics and logging, AWS, cloud concept, configuration management
- Knowledge of Web Services and REST architecture building Web API using XML/JSON; Experience API development tools like Apigee is plus
- Familiarity with DevOps (e.g. Continuous Integration, and Continuous delivery) concept.
- Ensures service levels are understood and supports them being met.
- Mentor team members on best practices in area of expertise. Grasp and communicate big-picture enterprise-wide issues to team.
- Mentor team members on best practices in area of expertise.
- A team enabler with excellent analytical, technical and problem solving skills
- Serve as a subject matter expert to guide technology strategy by convincing decision makers across multiple domains and working with Architects in each domain
- Has demonstrated depth and breadth of expertise in multiple related disciplines, such as Wireless telecom architecture, including Device, Access, Core, Transport, Customer systems, and/or Enterprise systems Enterprise
- Architecture Frameworks Deep related domain expertise
- Strong communication skills (written / verbal) with varied audiences
- Works with business and IT leadership throughout the strategic planning process. Participates in the process to prioritize and scope future projects and initiatives.
- Works with business and IT leadership to prioritize tactical issues to address immediate business needs while maintaining strategic direction.
- Displays a strong work ethic and sense of urgency. Demonstrates strong initiative to make things happen.
- Guides technical managers and other technologists to make sound decisions that support company priorities.
- Available to provide 24 ×7 support as required
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top