Sr Architect, Enterprise
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
As a Sr. Hadoop Architect, you will Architect, Design, and Build Enterprise class Big Data solutions. This position will work very closely with Leadership, Development team members and Data Scientists to build out and execute BI Big Data Strategy. Additionally, you will evangelize the Big Data solution use cases and platform using Hadoop ecosystem and frameworks. The Sr. Architect works cross-functionally to understand the linkage between T-Mobile’s business goals, business architectures, and technology architectures and strive to further T-Mobile’s business goals via organic or inorganic evolution of T-Mobile’s architectures.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Require competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, effective communication, relationship building & influencing, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Hands-on architect role experience leading designs for large and complex BI projects.
- Have in-depth knowledge of both Big Data architecture and Data Analytics (Data Science)
- 8+ years or multiple major BI solution implementations across full SDLC. Experience designing/building Big Data architectures for full end to end solutions.
- Minimum 6+ Years of experience on Hadoop Platform Architecture & Design.
- Minimum 3+ years Administration experience on Hadoop platform including PIG, Hive, Sqoop, HBase, Flume, Spark and related tools.
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience on Linux based OS administration.
- Deep understanding of large data warehouse architectures, cluster and parallel processing architectures platforms.
- Expert at creating architectural design drawings, topologies in multiple media such as Visio, Power Point and other visual communication methods.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work with leadership/business to translate Big Data to insights & recommendation.
- Ability to perform detailed analysis of business problems and technical environments and use this in designing the solution;
- Can work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Self-Starter, ability to own, manage and drive initiatives.
- Minimum 6+ years professional architecting and designing solutions using Hadoop ecosystem.
- Minimum 5+ years of building and coding applications using Hadoop components – HDFS, Hbase, Hive, Sqoop, Kafka, Spark, Storm, Flume etc.
- 5+ years of codingJava MapReduce, Python, Pig programming, Hadoop Streaming, Hive etc.
- Minimum 2 year experience inimplementingrelationaldata models
- Minimum 2 year experience in traditional ETL tools & RDBMS
- Experience in cloud based Big Data platforms like AWS EMR, Azure HDInsight etc.
- Minimum of 4+ years work experience as a developer is desirable, preferably in the wireless industry.
- Basic understanding of Information security standards, regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Basic understanding of Infrastructure and Network concepts.
- B.S. Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Certification in Hadoop preferred.
- Work with business teams and technical analysts to understand business requirements
- Translate business, and functional requirements into documented technical specifications.
- Architect, Evangelize, Design and build enterprise class Big Data platform using Hadoop ecosystem.
- Design and Build reusable frameworks to help development teams.
- Conduct industry research & identify trends for setting up vision for Hadoop Platform
- Facilitate/lead reviews (walkthroughs) of technical specifications and program code with other members of the technical team, communicating design, requirements, feature set, functionality and limitations of systems/applications to team and development lead.
- Develop Proof of concepts and prototypes to help illustrate technology and business solutions.
- Prepare visual diagrams of system architecture, functionality and process flows.
- Maintain technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training.
- Collaborate/Partner with other teams including infrastructure, security, and production support.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top