Sr Architect Cloud-STX
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comSr Software Architect (Cloud)
Play a key role in shaping T-Mobile's technology strategy by applying expertise in technology architecture. We are looking for a great Cloud DevOps Engineer to raise the bar for a high-performing team that delivers large scale solutions on the cloud. This is an opportunity to become an action-first leader in a talented, fast-moving organization to transform a large enterprise onto the next generation of cloud.
We are looking for a highly skilled individual for automating large scale deployments with modern configuration and deployment management systems on AWS. We value delivery skills and working with open source tools and infrastructure. You are self-driven, work well in a team, have great communication skills and bring leading edge skills with Linux, Python, configuration management, CI/CD and monitoring tools. You have delivered container based deployments and can offer solutions to the complexities of orchestration and will drive the company towards delivering containers in production.
Customer focus. Comfortable with change. Innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building and influencing. Results focus and inspirational leadership.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration or related field (or equivalent work experience)
- 7+ years related work experience
- 7+ years of hands-on coding and application development experience (and has maintained ability to code)
- Attitude and aptitude for continually learning new things
- Ability to articulate the relationship between business strategy and technology strategy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with varied audiences
- Experience explaining difficult concepts to decision makers to help shape technology strategy
- Experience modeling as-is and to-be architectures based on business requirements
- Mastery of Linux OS (RedHat, Amazon)
- Java, Python, C#, VB.NET, shell scripting, PowerShell
- Server-side web application technology such as: Node.js, JSP, ASP.NET
- Configuration Management (Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins)
- Deep knowledge and mastery of AWS and/or Azure public cloud platform
- Cloud monitoring tools (CloudWatch, Splunk, ELK)
- Containers and orchestration: Docker, Mesos, AWS ECS, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm/Datacenter
- NoSQL databases (Cassandra)
- Other open source tools
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compile, deliver and evangelize end-to-end technology roadmaps that guide the evolution of infrastructure, products, and services by applying depth and breadth of expertise in multiple related disciplines
- Compile, develop and deliver architectural guardrails; influence stakeholders and ensure compliance with architectural guardrails within many technology domains that support the needs of product teams to reliably launch products and services
- Drive the evolution of infrastructure, processes, products, and services by convincing decision makers
- Mentor team members on best practices in area of expertise
- Identify and suggest training opportunities for immediate workgroup to help promote bench strength
- Serve as a subject matter expert to guide technology strategy by convincing decision makers across multiple domains and working with architects in each domain
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top