Sr Analyst, Tax
Sr Analyst, Tax
The Tax Audit Analyst is part of the Transaction Tax Team within the Finance Group of T-Mobile USA. This position works with auditors for taxing jurisdictions and with members of almost all business areas within T-Mobile to determine and document the Company's tax treatment of any transaction. Understands and communicates tax compliance issues. Analyzes state & local tax code laws or ordinances and the application to T-Mobile's goods and services. Prepares reports on findings and recommendations to senior management.
- In-depth knowledge of state & local tax law, T-Mobile, and the communications industry.
- Work with auditors for taxing jurisdictions to understand what they are trying to accomplish and help them understand our operations, as well as the federal laws that limit or modify what information can be released to them, or limit how their laws or ordinances can be applied.
- Review complex telecommunications, sales, use, surcharge, gross receipts, and excise tax returns for compliance and audit documentation.
- Request from data owners or extract from T-Mobile's systems information needed to satisfy auditors' requests for determining compliance with their tax law or ordinances. Provide data to auditors in a logical format that demonstrates the tax treatment of the activity being reviewed.
- Document audit progress using standardized templates to enable other audit staff to assist or review.
- 3-8 years tax experience with multiple jurisdictions.
- Detail and deadline oriented.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of financial and GAAP accounting.
- Proficient in Excel, Access, Business Objects, SQL, or other reporting tools.
- Ability to prioritize and deliver on multiple threads of work without supervision.
- Excellent problem-solving and teamwork skills.
- Ability to research complex tax law issues.
- Proven ability to communicate analytic findings in a clear and concise manner.
- Wireless or consumer-oriented industry background is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Economics required .
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top