Sr Analyst, Systems
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comThe Senior Technical Analyst will deliver high level scope analysis and technical solution design of the processes/systems impacted and work plan for each project assigned Facilitate Future State business process design to elaborate the business capabilities needed, and generate creative thinking to help define quality solutions. They will also work gain business agreement on future state targets in partnership with the architects. Will work with the business, architects, user experience teams, product management teams, and developers to ensure that solutions are delivering not on just the technical and business process needs but deliver a quality user experience that is both effective and efficient in approach. Will be a key advocate for the business in ensuring such happens. As appropriate assist the business in creation of KPI's and benchmarks to ensure anticipated project benefits are clarified early and achieved. Translate business requirements into process/system impacts and technical specifications, and identify/assess potential data sources.
- Experienced with Document management and Enterprise Content Management solutions.
- Working Knowledge of UML, SOAP, XML/XSD preferred.
- Experienced with tools such as SPARX EA, Confluence, Visio, Rally and Jira.
- Has depth and breadth of expertise in one or more related disciplines, such as Wireless telecom domain.
- Strong communication skills (written / verbal), able to provide clear and concise communication across varied set and volume of audience.
- Strong understanding of Web APIs / HTTP / REST / JSON
- Experience with design, versioning and maintenance of secure RESTful APIs
- Knowledge in Java / SQL/ Cassandra is a Plus
- Strong knowledge and experience in Web services design
- Experience in defining / creating schemas and xml samples
- Strong understanding of Dev-Ops / Agile / Scrum methodologies with experience in Jira / Rally / Jenkins / bitHub tools
- Thorough working knowledge of the system development life cycle and can train others on SDLC concepts
- Thorough working knowledge to effectively manage time, prioritize work, multi-task across many assignments, create deliverables and delegate to others as well as monitor their work for completion
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on an existing suite of complex applications
- Ability to challenge users, business analysts and others, to achieve appropriate and desired solution for the business
- Must have ability to handle multiple concurrent activities and have a flexible positive attitude.
- Understanding of Sarbanes/Oxley, systems/process controls a plus
- Must be a strong team player with a commitment to excellence.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills are required.
- Experience with large scale System Integration Projects.
- Experience operating in an Agile / Scrum environment.
- Experience refining user stories and planning sprints.
- Experience with DevOps methodologies.
- 5 + Years' related work experience.
- Partner with internal/external stakeholders and Leadership to understand the business and technology landscape, define and manage scope that is being requested
- Act as a SME for one or more capabilities across channels, understand and be aware of the nuances across channels.
- Assist business in leveraging (where advisable) standard process/system capabilities to reduce complexity and customization
- Research, identify and drive improvements to project efficiency, speed and quality via new cross-team synergies, methods, and tools
- Responsible for driving and documenting design of capabilities/product offerings across different applications and different channels
- Alleviate customer experience pain points and contribute to overall architecture & design improvements
- Partners closely with architecture teams and augment the design to create low level information
- Plan, facilitate, and participate in working design sessions with cross-functional resources.
- Author Sequence diagrams, customer experience component design, Solution Design, data mapping etc
- Authors API definitions and request/response samples
- Primary point contact to enable dev factory with definition of ready (user stories with all the needed info to enable dev teams)
- Support initiative to improve solution quality (assisting in defect triage, defect resolution and support etc)
- Coordinate and/or create process playbacks and prototype reviews with business owners and internal review team
- Provide demos to stakeholders, testing leads, and peer Technical Product Management teams as needed
- Able to work by incorporating standards like enterprise security, CPNI etc.
- Tools: Rally, QC, Vision, Web Sequence and Confluence, Swagger UI/Editor and SQL
- Provide accurate estimates of effort and timelines for completion of assigned tasks and workload to achieve deliverables and goals, delivering on time and on estimation for medium to complex projects.
- Take initiative to determine the need and to design and deliver training to department and business.
- Initiate and execute initiatives to improve the processes, procedures, and tools utilized by the team.
- Reviews deliverables, provides input for other analysts, and supports knowledge transfer and ad hoc training of functional processes/systems
- Create and deliver articulate and effective oral presentations to a variety of audiences, large or small, internal or external, business or technical.
- Effectively manages analyst expectations and deliverables in large and complex projects through the software development lifecycle.
- Participate in NOD validation/support activities and post deployment war room activities if needed.
- Participates in defining domain technical roadmaps with architecture and leadership.
- Takes ownership of functional scope analysis and detailed solution design of the processes/systems within domain for each project assigned. Partners across domain EIT teams for alignment and impact analysis.
- Proactively reviews domain for risk and mitigations before they become critical. Continually keeps stakeholders, management and project managers informed of team activities and work-plan status.
- Leads issue resolution efforts to help eliminate or reduce scheduling or budget impacts.
- Researches, identifies and drives improvements to project efficiency, speed and quality via cross-team synergies, methods, tools and staffing models.
- Collaborate with business and EIT partner teams to develop business capability and technology roadmaps, provides education on potential process and system solution options, and drives business/IT investigation of emerging strategic capabilities.
- Translates business requests (Customer Journey's, EPIC's, or Business User Stories) into technical user stories, system diagrams, and low level design documents. Includes identification and assessment of potential data sources.
- Leads contractors and manages their day to day activities.
Bachelor's Degree. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field. In lieu of degree, equivalent industry experience may be consideredWe Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top