Sr Analyst, Systems
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comDescription
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: Deliver high level scope analysis and solution design of the processes/systems impacted and work plan for each project assigned Facilitate Future State business process design workshop to elaborate the business capabilities needed, and generate creative thinking that is not yet overly system constrained. Gain business agreement on future state targets. Translate business requirements into process / system impacts and functional requirements, and identify/assess potential data sources Create solution options based on research of (current and future) system capabilities, standard processes, and high-performing companies Coordinate and/or create process playbacks and prototype reviews with business owners and internal review team Assist business in leveraging (where advisable) standard process/system capabilities to reduce complexity and customization Provide detailed documentation (such as process or functional solution design) in relevant work repositories, and guidance and support to development, delivery, test and business teams Test planning, script building and SME support for UAT performance Ensure stakeholders, management and project managers are fully informed of project risks, team activities and project status Research, identify and drive improvements to project efficiency, speed and quality via new cross-team synergies, methods, and tools Collaborate with business and IT partner teams to develop business capability and technology roadmaps, provide education on potential process and system solution options, and drive business/IT investigation of emerging strategic capabilities Secondary Duties and Responsibilities: Provides accurate estimates of effort and timelines for completion of assigned tasks. Works with client and performs research to develop expertise in assigned functional processes and systems, points of pain and business priorities Reviews deliverables, provides input for other analysts, and supports knowledge transfer and ad hoc training of functional processes/systems Researches production issues and supports the Application Support group as needed. Assists business in articulating enhancements to resolve issues. Support assigned business areas as the IT primary contact for questions/concerns regarding back office system and processes
- Total experience with increasing responsibility 6 years Software and/or business process design 6 years Project/team lead experience 3 years Formal implementation/SDLC experience- 4 years Facilitation of Cross-functional Solution Design 4 years Module configuration (BS only) - 6 years
- Understanding of financial services processes, with experience in one or more of the following areas: Credit risk and adjudication, Originations, Servicing and end term of Loans and Leases, Accounting for the leased assets, Monetization of loans & leases, Behavior and relationship scoring
- Key role on at least one large implementation Excellent interpersonal skills Strong analytical and problem-solving skills Strong communication and documentation skills
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- PROJECT DELIVERY & METHODS Uses Advanced knowledge of processes and systems to: Supports Project Intake Feasibility Assessment with estimates of Impact (Effort and Timeline), High level Scope Analysis and Solution Design Facilitates Future State business process design workshop to elaborate the business capabilities needed, and generate creative thinking that is not yet overly system constrained. Gain business agreement on future state targets. Leads business requirements analysis to identify detailed impacts to processes/systems Plans and facilitates solution design workshops, ensuring cross-functional business and technical collaboration, and invitation of diverse perspectives Deliver new process or system solution design Promote adoption of standard process/system capabilities to reduce complexity and cost Prepares or reviews documentation such as Process Design Document, ARIS Process Flows, Blueprint, and Functional Specs Identify risks, assist in issue resolution and develop options/proposals Escalates issues appropriately. Assist team in identifying business readiness and change management considerations For projects of MEDIUM to LARGE complexity and impact to T-Mobile systems, generally across multiple domains. Able to quickly learn, lead and facilitate in unfamiliar domains.
- CONCEPT DEVELOPMENT: Works with business to analyze and document points of pain and unmet requirements across a business process Facilitate cross-functional workshops to create AS IS documentation and to identify process/system issues Research and deliver solution options using current and future system capabilities, best practice, and successful alternatives used at leading/comparable companies to explore and prioritize potential solution options. Articulate options, their pros and cons, their impact on current processes and systems, and recommend solution for customer Scope: For business issues of medium to large size and complexity Results: Whitepapers, recommended solution design and T-shirt size as input to client Business Opportunity Vision. Participate in development of solution roadmaps
- TEAM DEVELOPMENT: Review analyst priorities, work plans and deliverables, to ensure quality, consistency and timeliness Mentor analysts in new skills, functional area knowledge, SDLC, facilitation and effective customer interaction Research, ideate, develop and promote adherence to improved team and cross functional processes, standards, tools and methods, to reduce project cost and risk, increase quality and value, and wisely manage scarce resources Create new training and knowledge transfer materials
- RELATIONSHIP DEVELOPMENT & COMMUNICATION: Continuously update knowledge of business issues and process/system risks in assigned domain, and perform effective knowledge transfer to team, partners and customers Anticipate and champion needed communication to team, customers and partners, and user community Escalate issues timely, objectively and with sensitivity to team dynamics Demonstrate concise verbal and written communication that is targeted and appropriate to the needs of the audience Demonstrate active listening skills Engage team, partners and customers appropriately to ensure full collaboration, multiple viewpoints and full transparency Develop relationships and influence across with business partners up to Senior Manager level to gain avenues for solution research, resulting in improved solutions
- Bachelors Degree. Business, MIS, or equivalent
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top