Sr Analyst, Systems
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Description
The vision of the Enterprise Billing Systems Analysis team is to transform roles and structures to provide creative and expert knowledge for delivering capabilities and services through the billing application stack. We will do this by building and fostering a team of solution designers/engineers with deep technical and functional understanding of the billing stack and how it supports T-Mobile’s business and customers. Successful applicants will work in co-located pod environments, focused on functional domain expertise and delivery, within a cross-functional (analysis, architect, vendor, support, test) team.
The Senior Analyst, Systems will analyze business and technical requirements and apply technical and analytical skills to develop appropriate solutions and designs to meet business expectations while maintaining operational excellence for Enterprise Billing Platform.
Performs feasibility analysis of new technologies, products, features and services.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competence in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.Minimum Required
- Experience in Telecom Business Support Systems and Operations Support Systems (BSS/OSS)
- General programming skills, software development fundamentals and processes, software design, documentation, and testing
- Experience with Technical Writing and presentation skills
- Strong expertise in interface/integration techniques and service-oriented design. Ability to read and write basic communication protocols and formats (web services, XML, FTP, etc.)
- Strong problem solving / troubleshooting skills
- Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Good proficiency with MS Office products
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to build consensus across teams
- Performs complex tasks, decision making and in-depth analysis with minimal direction
- Ability to effectively transfer knowledge to team members and other work groups as a subject matter expert (SME)
- Ability to work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously from various business partners, adhere to design and strategy standards and meet aggressive timelines
- Technical project management
- Ability to work cross-functionally to identify and remediate issues
- System Design: Document and demonstrate solution(s) by creating solution design documents, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, etc. as required for new system(s) and feature(s) development
- Feasibility Analysis: Own internal analysis by documenting options, estimates and impacts
- Ability to create and adapt documentation to support communication at all levels business, elementary, executive, low/mid/high technical, and/or any combinations
- SME Operational Support: Support Performance Management, Capacity Planning, troubleshooting and Operational teams; data analysis requests and ad hoc reporting
- Roadmap/Vendor Management: Drive vendor roadmap to ensure T-Mobile requirements are adequately met and close any development gaps. Drive vendors for timely delivery of SW/HW and system features per T-Mobile requirements
- Vendor/Partner Management: Support data analysis for vendor/partner feature request specifications
- Deliver functional scope analysis and detailed solution design of the processes/systems impacted and a work plan for each project assigned
- Translate business requirements into process/system impacts and functional requirements, and identify/assess potential data source
- Ensure stakeholders, management and project managers are fully informed of project risks, team activities and project status
- Collaborate with business and IT partner teams to develop business capability and technology roadmaps, provide education on potential process and system solution options, and drive business/IT investigation of emerging strategic capabilities
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top