Sr Analyst, Systems
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.The Sr. Systems Analyst is expected to provide expertise in identifying and driving the deployment of technical systems and/or reporting solutions serving internal and external customers. This individual will work with the development team and business customers to understand and gather requirements to help develop and support BI solutions.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in computer science or related discipline or equivalent combined education and experience.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Comfort in extracting, consolidating, and working with large datasets.
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot data inaccuracies, identify root causes, and take corrective action.
- Detail oriented with excellent time management and organizational skills to meet critical deadline.
- Self-motivated, ability to prioritize work and multi-task across many assignments in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong experience writing stored procedures, functions, triggers, and ad hoc queries using PL/SQL.
- Experience in XML data type, xquery, and XSLT.
- Understanding of star-schema data warehousing concepts and implementations.
- Proficient in data modeling/data warehousing.
- Develops, debugs and tests programs by following Oracle Standard Practices
- Expertise in Application architecture (Design, Mapping, Prototype, Development and Test) and Integration methods.
- Prepares and reviews Process flows and Technical Design Documentation.
- Ensures that the programs are written with “performance considerations” in mind
- Coordinates all phase of system development and implementation including design, build, testing, documentation, deployment and maintenance.
- Experience in programming, including Java, .Net and/or C# programming a plus.
- Working knowledge with Oracle and Oracle clients tools, such as TOAD, Golden, etc. required.
- Wireless industry experience a plus.
This role requires strong understanding of reporting systems, business intelligence, and data warehousing technologies and methodologies. The individual will work directly with business customers and stakeholders to help develop and support BI solutions for both internal and external customers. The candidate must have experience designing and producing client-ready reports, dashboards and other custom programs as needed. A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate Data Warehouse / Data Mart experiences.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work with stake holders to identify and gather business requirements for new applications and reports.
- Develop and implement solutions using organizational data warehouse, data marts, and operational data stores.
- Responsible for application interfaces and data conversion utilizing PLSQL, SQL*Loader, UTL File, Unix Shell, etc.
- Design and develop ETL code to load and transform data from various sources and formats.
- Conduct ETL performance tuning, troubleshooting, support, and capacity estimation
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top