Sr Analyst, Operational Insights
Responsible for supporting the Operations organizationÃ¢â,¬â¢s continuous improvement initiatives utilizing a broad range of data sources, analytical methods, and business approaches to deliver actionable recommendations to executive sponsors. A Senior Analyst Operations Insights is a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of Customer Service, Marketing and adjacent areas. Resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments. Provides analytical support (including analytical systems development) by dissecting and structuring a wide range of complex business problems, extracting and analyzing data from a variety of sources, utilizing facts/data to derive a conclusion, and constructing presentations that distill complex analytical findings into communications that are intended to inform and influence decisions related to policy, procedure, and business practices. Can identify operational opportunities to improve customer experience and reduce cost to serve, initiating and leading cross-functional projects to drive continuous improvement and creating models and processes to measure and communicate improvement. Typically, has more than 5 years of experience.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Create ETL processes, automated reporting and self-service tools for monitoring the performance of the Customer Service organization at T-Mobile.
- Gather complex data inputs from multiple sources, both internally and externally. Identify new data sources that will enhance business outcomes and support strategic and tactical objectives.
- Demonstrate strong competency and comfort working with and analyzing large sets of data.
- Perform data mining, data validation and data cleansing.
- Enable data architecture and solutions that best meet the analytics and reporting needs of the business.
- Drive clarity on requirements and ensure delivery meets agreed upon requirements.
- Build monitoring solutions to ensure on-going quality and accuracy of recurring reports and dashboards.
- Structure and perform Quality Assurance. Deliver recurring reports and dashboards accurately and on-time.
- Provide ongoing operational support.
- Use modern visualization tools such as Tableau to enhance business understanding through artistic, simple, and concise data story telling.
- Use statistical and other quantitative modeling techniques to analyze large data sets, identify business opportunities and quantify risks. Support advanced analytics including prescriptive and predictive analyses.
- Identify and communicate key insights behind reports and analyses to leadership team.
- Complete complex ad-hoc research, analysis, and reporting.
- Mentor team members, promote best practices, and build cross functional relationships.
- 5+ yearsÃ¢â,¬â¢ work experience in the data architecture and warehousing space.
- Experience in SQL, T-SQL, BI stacks including Visual Studio/SSRS, SSIS, query fine-tuning
- Experience creating views, stored procedures, and functions.
- Experience with creating and maintaining SQL Agent jobs.
- Expertise in Teradata tools like SQL Assistant, BTEQ, Fastload, FastExport.
- Comfortable with scripting languages such as, CMD, BAT, Windows Powershell.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau or PowerBI.
- Some knowledge of statistical software such as R or SAS a plus.
- Effective communicator, confident and capable of interacting directly with business users.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage competing priorities & deliverables in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Strong ability to think creatively and develop new solutions.
- Experience mentoring other members of technical/development staff.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Tools.
- BachelorÃ¢â,¬â¢s Degree in quantitative, business or computer-related field such as mathematics, econometrics, statistics, operations research, or computer science. MasterÃ¢â,¬â¢s degree preferred.
Ã¢â,¬ At least 18 years of age.Ã¢â,¬ Legally authorized to work in the United States.Ã¢â,¬ High School Diploma or GED.Ã¢â,¬ Pre-employment background screen.
As AmericaÃ¢â,¬â¢s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: Ã¢â,¬Å"TMUSÃ¢â,¬?) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The companyÃ¢â,¬â¢s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Retail Associate Manager
Diego assists the store manager with day-to-day operations while working to develop the roles of his associates through hands-on sales coaching.
Back to top