Sr Analyst, IT Quality Assurance
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comPlans, executes and completes the analysis of IT Quality related issues along the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and deliverables. Designs and develops test automation frameworks, and advocates for quality code and best practices. Provides assistance in identifying, evaluating and monitoring processes, systems, and procedures to meet IT Quality requirements. This position will work closely with leadership, principal architects and development team members to build out and automate testing of cloud based solutions, exposing capabilities to other enterprise systems via APIs and Microservices.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, and results focus.
- Deep technical knowledge of automated testing, automated application design, build execution and maintenance.
- Experience providing leadership and mentoring for other SDETs and influencing development partners to use best practices.
- Minimum 6 years experience designing, developing, and executing test strategies, test plans, and test cases is required.
- Minimum 6 years experience writing technical documentation is required.
- Solid understanding of both relational databases and non-relational data stores.
- Experience with REST APIs and Microservices.
- Experience with COTS products.
- Familiarity with Rally, Artifactory, Git, Cloudbees/Jenkins, Spring, Docker, Methos Maven, Puppet, and Splunk is a plus.
- 5+ years in a QA or development role, working on databases and applications.
- 3+ years working in an Agile environment.
- Proficient in Java and object-oriented coding
- Strong willingness to learn new technologies and quality engineering practices.
- Excellent communication and cross-group collaboration skills.Quick learner, proactive, and passionate about quality and testing!
- Design and develop test automation strategies; contribute to robust and reliable automation solutions.
- Black box and white box testing.
- Identify/develop new automation tools/approaches that will increase quality, development velocity, and decrease testing cost.
- Develop test plans and maintain them regularly, working with product owners, system analysts, developers, and external vendors.
- Hands-on test planning, test development, testing and defect submission.
- Identify E2E scenarios that exercise operational and business work flows.
- Generate professional test results, metrics and status reports that can be automated.
- Exceptional debugging skills with the ability to identify root cause of a test failures.
- Setup, configure, and maintain software test labs and test environments.
- Run manual tests for scenarios that cannot be automated.
- Play a leading role in managing release readiness and success criteria based on business requirements.
- Capture, analyze, and report quality metrics for release readiness.
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks and remove obstacles.
- Guide the completion of root cause analysis to ensure issues do not recur.
- Manage and provide oversight for deployment of releases into production environments.
- Translate business requirements into test cases, and execute on developed test cases.
- Work with other teams to validate actual test results to expected results functional requirements.
- Document and resolve test issues.
- Report status of assigned test tasks and issue.
- Utilize test metrics as required.
- Identify and document improvements to the test process.
Bachelor's Degree. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
Open to candidates in Seattle, Dallas or Atlanta locationsWe Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top