Sr Analyst, Functional
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comSr Analyst, Functional
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Strong analytical background with five+ years collective experience in one or more of the following disciplines: Business Intelligence, Data Governance, Data Quality, Data Modeling, Data Classification and Control, Management/Financial reporting, IT Solution Ownership
Strong background in data relationships, data mining and quantitative vs. qualitative analytics
Required knowledge and experience in BI/Reporting with Data Warehousing and Big Data.
Ability to work independently and support multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines.
Expert communicator who can lead and manage senior level relationships across organizational boundaries.
Working knowledge of Agile and traditional SDLC methodologies.
Background in applying best practices to development and operational processes.
Solid understanding of framework development and piloting for rapid delivery of tools and processes
Industry knowledge (consumer/retail/telecom) - Strongly preferred
Experience with Information Management and Master Data Management technologies
Experience with executive-level communications, tracking project interdependencies, communicating issues & risk, and managing relationships with business team executives at Sr. Manager, Director, VP and SVP level.
Industry leader who can be strong mentor and leaders to Enterprise Data Solutions Team
Minimum Education Required:
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or other related field or equivalent experience
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, IT solutions delivery, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Develop, implement, and maintain the Data Governance policy, framework, and procedures for each step in the data management life cycle for business data owners and IT data stewards
- Support developing and delivering product roadmaps for EDS tools that deliver data governance capabilities that meet business data owner needs such as Reference Data Management tool, Data Dictionary toolset, EDS Security frameworks, and Audit, Balance and Control frameworks.
- Monitor compliance with the company's established Data Governance policy, framework, and procedures.
- Confirm the identification of data elements identified by business units and maintenance of a comprehensive data dictionary.
- Support User adoption and utilization of data dictionary tools and user defined updates.
- Champion and conduct Data Governance training to business units as needed.
- Review of periodic monitoring results from business Data Stewards to identify risks
- Ensure effective challenge of data analysis performed by Data Stewards and Managers
- Facilitate the data risk assessment process to prioritize data governance needs and priorities
- Review of regulatory, audit, and validation findings to risks impacting data governance
- Oversee the development and implementation of remediation steps to mitigate identified risks
- Serve as facilitator to the EDS Director Data Council (DDC) setting meeting agendas, team priorities and key decisions as well as minutes and other documentation needs of the Committee
- Manage the Data Governance reporting framework including but not limited to preparing reports on key data governance KPI's, issues, risk, and concerns to the DCC and EDS Leadership team.
- Assess and report on the Company's Data Governance profile at the individual domain level and also in aggregate to the DCG and/or MRC.
- Recommend changes and deliver changes to the Data Governance policy, framework, or procedures as required.
- Mediate conflicts and discrepancies between data stewards, and the needs and interests of the company relative to Data Governance.
- Assist in data governance related inquiries from regulators and/or internal and external auditors
- Coordinate/facilitate/conduct other projects as assigned
At least 18 years of age. Legally authorized to work in the United States. High School Diploma or GED. Pre-employment background screen.We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top