Sr Analyst, Functional
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comThe CFIS Solutions team acts as consultant to internal business partners, with a focus on the assessment of business requirements, functional design, configuration and development of ERP systems; collaborating with other teams to create and own innovative end to end solutions. This role is a great fit for an analyst with proven experience bridging the needs of Procurement business stakeholders with EIT’s design and configuration requirements in support of sustainable infrastructure systems.Qualifications
- Demonstrated understanding of systems analysis and strategic business information systems.
- Solid understanding of best practice principles and demonstrated application in a large corporate environment.
- Working knowledge of Procurement Supply Chain business processes and the cross-module mapping of these to SAP ERP applications.
- Good understanding of ASAP methodology.
- Proven ability to effectively apply techniques which consists of textual formats, modals and diagrams.
- Strong written and communication skills; effectively communicating with all employee levels and levels of management.
- Proven experience with identifying and resolving requirements impacting issues, working with members of project management teams and business SME’s/executives to develop and implement viable solutions.
- Proven track record of strong consulting skills and experience to bridge the gap between technology and business operations to enable organizations to make effective decisions.
- Technical writing skills producing clear and unambiguous deliverables.
- Knowledge of integration middleware such as SAP PI/Tibco and integrating that with SAP using IDocs, batch files and/or APIs.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, self-directed environment.
- Knowledgeable about wireless telephony business processes, strategic technologies and industry best practices.
- Knowledge of ABAP is desirable.
- Total experience with increasing responsibility – 5 years minimum
- Configuration and Development for ERP system implementations – 5 years minimum
- Experience working with interfacing technologies and integrating partner systems with SAP – 5 years
- Experience in configuration, development or analysis with one or more of the following:SAP Fieldglass, SAP Ariba, SAP ECC Forward and Reverse, Ariba P2P, OpenText VIM preferred
- Experience in wireless telecommunications a plus
- Bachelors Degree. Business, MIS, or equivalent
Summary of Duties:
Be a part of Spend Management Solutions team owning several corporate services including SAP Fieldglass, SAP Ariba P2P (Procure to Pay), OpenText VIM, SAP APO/F&R, and Ariba PO/Invoice.You will be responsible for the delivery of enterprise systems automation; research of solution alternatives, including their pros and cons; and design and documentation of approved solutions.Design, review and customer/partner outreach to ensure a creative approach, effective collaboration, inclusion of diverse perspectives, and a final solution that is optimized across business functions. You may also assist in the operational maintenance of the Spend Management solutions either directly or in collaboration with application support teams.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
As a member of the functional analyst team, drive creation of timely, high quality solution designs for system changes delivering new business capabilities, including:
- Deliver functional scope analysis with detailed solution design of the processes/systems impacted and work plan for each project assigned.
- Translate business requirements into process/system impacts and functional requirements/specifications, and identify/assess potential data source.
- Create solution options based on research of (current and future) system capabilities, standard processes, and solutions implementations in other high-performing companies.
- Communicate solution options to business partners effectively and negotiate consensus on finalized design.
- Provide detailed documentation (such as functional solution design) in relevant work repositories.
- Perform Fieldglass, SAP ECC, PI, and Ariba P2P configuration and work with SAP ABAP/SAP PI development teams to complete functional unit testing.
- Assist business in leveraging (where advisable) standard process/system capabilities to reduce complexity and customization.
- Ensure stakeholders, management and project managers are fully informed of project risks, team activities and project status.
- Research, identify and drive improvements to project efficiency, speed and quality via view cross-team synergies, methods, tools and staffing models.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides accurate estimates of work product effort and timelines, maintained in Rally, for completion of assigned tasks
- Develops personal expertise in assigned functional processes and systems (both T-Mobile and Best Practice).
- Initiates interaction with client to refresh understanding of points of pain, user stories and business priorities.
- Drives and conducts knowledge transfer of functional processes/systems and best practice within the team and across the enterprise.
- Support assigned business areas as the IT primary contact for questions/concerns regarding back office system and processes.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Senior Communications Manager
Janice manages research and communications for T-Mobile’s Enterprise IT Division, produces videos for the internal website, and oversees the technology intern program.
Back to top