Sr Analyst, Functional
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comSr Analyst, FunctionalEnterprise Core Competencies:
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Minimum of 8 + years of systems analysis experience with understanding strategic business information systems
- Expert understanding of multiple system development life-cycle mythologies
- Proven ability to effectively apply techniques which consists of textual formats, modals and diagrams.
- Should have foundational experience with revenue and or accounting project delivery.
- Expert understanding of business process and system process within multiple knowledge areas
- Excellent written and communication skills; effectively communication with all employee levels and levels of management.
- Proven experience with identifying and documenting Functional specs ,resolving requirement impacting issues, working with members of project management team and IT SME's to develop and implement viable solutions.
- Proven track record of strong skills to bridge the gap between technology and business operations to enable organizations to make effective decisions.
- Technical writing skills producing clear and unambiguous deliverables
- Must be proficient and have experience using MS Office (Excel, Work, PowerPoint) and Visio
This individual is responsible for identifying stakeholder needs, documenting functional Specifications based on business requirements, and validating solution design meets business objectives. They will gather, analyze, and create comprehensive work products and facilitate communication between cross functional units. This role assesses system impacts, provides gap and process analysis as well as cost/benefit analysis for system or product/service related initiatives
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver high level scope analysis and solution design of the processes/systems impacted and work plan for each project assigned
- Facilitate Future State business process design workshop to elaborate the business capabilities needed, and generate creative thinking that is not yet overly system constrained.
- Gain business agreement on future state targets.
- Translate business requirements into process / system impacts and functional requirements, and identify/assess potential data sources
- Create solution options based on research of (current and future) system capabilities, standard processes, and high-performing companies
- Coordinate and/or create process playbacks and prototype reviews with business owners and internal review team
- Assist business in leveraging (where advisable) standard process/system capabilities to reduce complexity and customization
- Provide detailed documentation (such as process or functional solution design) in relevant work repositories and guidance and support to development, delivery, test and business teams
- Perform configuration on packaged software (Business Solutions only)
- Test planning, script building and SME support for UAT performance
- Ensure stakeholders, management and project managers are fully informed of project risks, team activities and project status
- Research, identify and drive improvements to project efficiency, speed and quality via new cross-team synergies, methods, and tools
- Collaborate with business and IT partner teams to develop business capability and technology roadmaps, provide education on potential process and system solution options, and drive business/IT investigation of emerging strategic capabilities
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides accurate estimates of effort and timelines for completion of assigned tasks.
- Works with client and performs research to develop expertise in assigned functional processes and systems, points of pain and business priorities
- Reviews deliverables, provides input for other analysts, and supports knowledge transfer and ad hoc training of functional processes/systems
- Researches production issues and supports the Application Support group as needed. Assists business in articulating enhancements to resolve issues.
- Support assigned business areas as the IT primary contact for questions/concerns regarding back office system and processes
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top