Sr Analyst, Enterprise Test
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comSr Analyst, Enterprise TestExperience creating test cases for manual test execution in a data warehouse testing environment
- Experience in writing SQL scripts to perform data validation on data warehouse tables.
- Experience in using Quality Center for defect tracking, test management and test automation;
- Experience in using Unix batch processing, ORACLE / Teradata database applications
- Minimum 1 year of professional experience in Hadoop
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to decompose complex problems and perform root cause analyses.
- Understanding of the Agile software development life cycle.
- Confidence and ability to communicate and collaborate with other team members.
- Minimum 2 years professional experience with various testing methodologies and strategies: Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development, etc.
- Minimum 2 years professional experience using issue-tracking software and agile project management systems.
- Minimum 2 years professional experience designing and developing applications on Unix or Windows environment, mobile platforms (Android or iOS) or designing complex multi-tiered applications.
- Development experience in CI/CT/CD, and Agile or DevOps.
Bachelor's Degree. Technical Discipline. Equivalent experience considered.
- Coordinates, develops and maintains all test activities.
- Ensures requirements and/or user stories are testable.
- Clarifies any ambiguity with requirements, user stories, design and other artifacts produced as part of the SDLC.
- Provides estimates for user stories and tasks.
- Manages defects.
- Influences and drives quality across teams, disciplines, and the organization.
- Contributes to system-wide root cause analysis. Performs system-wide root cause analyses and drives improvements.
- Closely coordinates with both Dev and Ops regarding testing practices and ensuring quality thresholds are met. Needs to have authority/mandate on quality (acceptable thresholds, decisioning on what we defer along with product owner).
- Design, develop, and maintain automation systems and tools to be used by development and test engineers.
- Analyze user requirements as well as product architecture/design to derive testing requirements.
- Design and author test cases for unit, functional, performance, scalability, and durability testing (where applicable).
- Write and execute automated and manual tests as needed to provide an ongoing measure of the quality of the product.
- Provide assessment on product quality and release readiness to Product Owner and other relevant stakeholders.
- Works with Test Data Management teams to provide test data by request, creation or modification for all phases of the delivery process via a repeatable and automated process.
- Grow and maintain technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training.
- Manages and grooms the automated and manual test suites regularly to ensure proper balance between coverage and fast feedback cycles.
- Ensures automated tests are integrated into the Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Set up the appropriate tables in the target environment by applying knowledge of source tables and how they relate to each other and the release as well as knowledge of the data flow.
- Apply knowledge of dependencies between mappings to test additional releases not initially contemplated.
- Write business focused test plans which keep technical considerations in sight.
- Develop, document, and execute test scripts and document and communicate test results to appropriate parties.
- Create test cases for manual test execution in a data warehouse testing environment
- Test automated test cases using Winrunner, QuickTestPro or Xrunner, PERL
- Use PVCS or Test Director for defect tracking, test management and test automation.
- Use Unix batch processing, ORACLE database and Teradata applications and Informatica or Tibco to extract, transform and load databases.
- Compile test summary reports and run tests on large subsets of data.
- Ensure entrance criteria are fulfilled before testing. Ensure exit criteria are fulfilled before test signoff.
- Produce new scripts to identify problems or research data questions
- Execute regression testing and perform multiple pass testing.
- Identify performance issues.
- Compile test summary reports.
- Work with developers, database administrator and analysts to resolve issues resulting from testing.
- Resolve conflicts between technical specifications and functional specifications.
- Set up the UAT environment and manage the test environment.
- Participate in requirements, functional specification and technical specification reviews.
- Build out and maintain a library of test scripts for regression testing.
- Coordinate the review and sign off of test plans.
- Provide accurate estimates of effort and time-lines for completion of assigned tasks.
- Stay current on changes happening to upstream and downstream systems
At least 18 years of age. Legally authorized to work in the United States. High School Diploma or GED. Pre-employment background screen.We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top