Sr Analyst, Business Systems
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comThis position is responsible for gathering, analyzing, and creating comprehensive work products documenting requirements, including validation and traceability, for existing and new applications supporting various business channels. This position understands how organizations function to accomplish their purpose, and defines capabilities an organization requires to provide a service or meet their goals. This position facilitates communication between organizational units to align the needs of business units in order to create requirement work products for solution providers. This role plans, directs and completes the analysis of business problems to be solved or product/services to be developed for delivery. This role provides technical assistance in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements. This role assesses system impacts, provides gap and process analysis as well as cost/benefit analysis for system or product/service related initiatives.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Minimum of 5 - 8+ years of systems analysis experience with understanding strategic business information systems.
- Formal implementation/SDLC/AGILE experience 4+ years including Facilitation of Cross-functional Solution Design.
- Excellent understanding of multiple system development life-cycle mythologies. For instance: Agile, SDLC etc.
- Proven ability to effectively apply techniques which consists of textual formats, modals and diagrams.
- Solid understanding of business process and system process within multiple knowledge areas
- Excellent written and communication skills; effectively communication with all employee levels and levels of management and leadership.
- Proven experience with identifying and resolving requirement impacting issues, working with members of project management team and business SME's/executives to develop and implement viable solutions.
- Demonstrated track record of strong consulting skills and experience to bridge the gap between technology and business operations to enable organizations to make effective decisions.
- Certificate in Business Systems Analysis (preferably in a quantitative discipline) or equivalent work experience
- Technical writing skills producing clear and unambiguous deliverables
- Must be proficient and have experience using Share point, MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio) and other enterprise architecture tools.
- Leadership role on at least two large system implementation. Demonstrated organizational influence, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Detailed understanding of at least one enterprise process / system end to end, including financial impacts.
- An expert at eliciting and evaluating information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts, decomposes high-level information into details, abstracts up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requests. Understands how policies, systems and processes impacts requests/projects. Fosters business knowledge and understanding among business systems analysts and project stakeholders. Broker's consensus among stakeholders with conflicting needs. Poised when interacting with senior level audience. Invests in stakeholder management and possesses ability gain stakeholder trust.
- Facilitates requirement sessions with large group of stakeholders and creates comprehensive work products documenting requirements, including validation and traceability of requests. Has understanding on how projects align to broader organizational goals and business benefit. Is able to explain business benefit of projects and contributes to business case/feasibility development
- Provide detailed documentation (such as process designs, functional solution design, sequence diagrams, information flow) in relevant work repositories and guidance and support to development, delivery, test, and business teams.
- Facilitate Future State business process design workshop to elaborate the business capabilities needed, and generate creative thinking that is not yet overly system constrained.
- Develops a business analysis work-plan to manage own tasks, deliverables, schedule and provides information to stakeholders and Project Management. Assists other knowledge area BSA's in development of their work-plans.
- Provide SME leadership and consulting support on complex tasks. Initiate and execute initiatives to improve the processes, procedures, and tools utilized by the team. Reviews deliverables and provides input for other analysts. Strong understanding of all business channels.
- Provides mentoring and daily direction to analysts. Leads department process improvements initiatives. Reviews Test strategy, planning, and SME support for all UAT testing.
- Collaborate with business and IT partner teams to develop business capability and technology roadmaps, provide education on potential process and system solution options, and drive business/IT investigation of emerging strategic capabilities.
- DEVOPS: Researches production issues and supports the Application Support group as needed. Assists business in articulating enhancements to resolve issues.
Bachelor's Degree. Quantitative discipline or equivalent work experience. We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top