Sr Analyst, Applications Support
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comT-Mobile USA is a national provider of wireless voice, messaging, and data services capable of reaching over 268 million Americans where they live, work, and play. In a world full of busy and fragmented lives, we at T-Mobile USA, Inc. have the idea that wireless communications can help. The value of our plans, the breadth of our coverage, the reliability of our network, and the quality of our service are meant to do one thing; help you stick together with the people who make your life come alive. That's why we're here.
Responsible for coordinating and facilitating managed service delivery of operational end to end billing support and governance. Directly responsible for governance of Marketing initiatives, promotions, price plan offers, and device launches which are tightly coupled with the day to day billing run lifecycle activities. Focus on executing processes within the following process areas: Billing Offers, Promotions, Handset/Device Offers, Bill cycle governance, Output management processes, and Backend end-of-day processes to include financial and collections activities. Key involvement in supporting compliance with regulatory controls as needed by management and providing input into common cross-vertical activities, such as incident management, change management, request fulfillment, etc. Plans, directs, and completes the analysis of business problems to be solved with automated systems. Provides technical assistance in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements
- Proficient at identifying sources and trends of technical problems to prevent future occurrences
- Protect and insure the stability of the operational systems as well as maintain the integrity of the data they contain
- Validate accuracy of data in reporting ahead of delivery to stakeholders
- MS Office Tools (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Working Knowledge of XML and Oracle. Java knowledge preferred.
- Proficient in SQL
- 5 years of experience with Telecom billing applications
- Experience with multiple functional areas including billing, service, and finance required
- Demonstrates thorough working knowledge of various business process and system modeling tools including: Data Flow Diagrams, Process Models, and Use Case Scenario.
- Demonstrates thorough working knowledge of the system development life cycle and can mentor others on SDLC concepts
- Demonstrates thorough working knowledge to effectively manage time, prioritize work, multi-task across many assignments, create deliverables and delegate to others as well as monitor their work for completion
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on an existing suite of complex applications
- Technical writing skills producing clear and unambiguous deliverables
- Experience with supporting both purchased and in-house developed applications required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be a strong team player with a commitment to excellence.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills are required.
- Must have ability to handle multiple concurrent activities and have a flexible positive attitude.
- Applicants have the ability to extract and understand business requirements at a Technology Solution Level and ability to design a functional solution to meet the business need
- Applicants are Technical Expert in area(s) of expertise and focus. Generally they have a Development, but that is not required, and Analysis background
- Ability to challenge users, business analysts and others, to achieve appropriate and desired solution for the business
- 5 years minimum experience in Systems Analysis of medium to large-scale projects with multiple functional components
- 5 years minimum experience in troubleshooting customer related issues and managing customer relationships
- 5 years minimum of revenue reporting and accounting
- Experience working with SQL, PLSQL and Unix using command line and GUI SQL tools
- System Analysis experience in the support/operation of a of large carrier class enterprise software system, preferably in a wireless environment
- Experience in testing, quality and change management methodologies required
- Previous experience in 24x7 system support capacity desired
- Previous experience with SAMSON Billing System support desired
- Previous experience with Ericsson Billing System support desired
- 5 years minimum experience with supporting both purchased and in-house developed applications required
- 5 years minimum experience with a formal SDLC preferred
- 5 years minimum experience developing business solutions with a variety of tools preferred
- 5 years minimum experience in telecommunications industry preferred
- Requires 10% travel
- Requires strong competency in SAMSON Billing Ecosystem, and working familiarity with Ericsson Billing System
- Strength in customer focus methods and procedural functionality, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing
- Proficient at prioritizing and resolving day-to-day support issues ensuring effective and timely resolution
- Provide 24 x 7 support as required
- Coordinate overall operational bill run activities between managed service provider
- Proficient at creating, maintaining and updating operational documentation
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise for end to end Billing System. Assist in determining the impact of operational issues and provide input into their resolution. Communicate changes and potential risks with solutions
- Collect information to analyze and evaluate existing or developed T-Mobile applications or systems, prepare detailed flow charts (work flow, activity, and sequence diagrams), outlining systems capabilities and processes following SDLC guidelines.
- Translate business and user requirements into accurate system requirements specification documents through systems and data analysis.
- Has thoroughly demonstrated knowledge of the business processes in the definition of product and services for the telecom industry. Demonstrate responsibility of working with the Business to define requirements that will drive efficiencies.
- Has thoroughly demonstrated knowledge of the application systems in their area of responsibility and can identify, evaluate and define impacts of changes, provide alternatives both to the application changing and all upstream and downstream systems, or identify if a change is a manual process taking into account the entire picture as well as the details. Generally assigned to Enterprise cross-functional and cross-departmental projects with high complexity and cross-system impacts.
- Has thoroughly demonstrated working knowledge to conceptualize, document and communicate innovative solutions to meet or exceed business objectives.
- Interacts regularly with Business Analysts, Architects, Developers, Application Support, Enterprise Test, Operations, and Senior Management.
- Plan, facilitate, and participate in working sessions with cross-functional resources.
- Assist in definition, design, and management of Enterprise Architecture components and low-level technical Architecture design documents for core systems.
- Ability to conduct peer reviews to solicit feedback on materials created.
- Provide accurate estimates of effort and timelines for completion of assigned tasks and workload to achieve deliverables and goals, delivering on time and on estimation for medium to complex projects.
- Take initiative to determine the need and to design and deliver training to department and business.
- Can demonstrate working knowledge to manage vendor relationships and resources as required.
- Initiate and execute efforts to drive process improvement of procedures, and tools utilized by the team.
- Reviews deliverables and provides input for other team analysts.
- Creates and delivers articulate and effective oral presentations to a variety of audiences, large or small, internal or external.
- Effectively manages analyst expectations and deliverables in large and complex projects through the software development lifecycle.
- Reviews and reconciles project delivery to strategic EIT capability roadmap.
- A four year degree in Business, MIS, or equivalent (10 years minimum related experience/training preferred)
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top