Sr Analyst, Applications Support
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comSr Analyst, Applications Support
- Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building, and results focus.
- Support and delivery
- Proficient at resolving day-to-day support issues ensuring effective and timely resolution with competing high priority issues. Duties include resolving and tracking user issues; designing, specifying, testing and documenting program modifications and functional enhancements
- Proficient at performing system monitoring , verifying availability of all hardware, systems, reviewing system and application logs and verifying the completion of scheduled jobs
- Proficient at ensuring users have correct security rights to systems and assist with performing regular security audits
- Proficient at creating, maintaining and updating operational documentation
- Proficient at identifying application issues and trends of technical problems to prevent future occurrences.
- Protect and insure the stability of the operational systems as well as maintain the integrity of the data they contain
- Transfer knowledge to other members of your team as well as across to other groups
- Ad-Hoc reporting in special situations
- Validate all code produced by group is efficient and accurately addresses its purpose
- Flexible work schedule to cover 24 × 7 operational support.
- Working understanding of systems, databases and hardware support
- Research and deliver solution options using current and future system capabilities, best practice, and successful alternatives used at leading/comparable companies to explore and prioritize potential solution options
- Review analyst priorities, work plans and deliverables, to ensure quality, consistency and timeliness
- Mentor analysts in new skills, functional area knowledge, SDLC, facilitation and effective customer interaction
- Research, ideate, develop and promote adherence to improved team and cross functional processes, standards, tools and methods, to reduce project and operational costs and risks, increase quality and value, and wisely manage scarce resources
- Create new training and knowledge transfer materials
Relationship Development and Communication;
- Continuously update knowledge of business issues and process/system risks in assigned domain, and perform effective knowledge transfer to team, partners and customers
- Anticipate and champion needed communication to team, customers and partners, and user community
- Escalate issues timely, objectively and with sensitivity to team dynamics
- Demonstrate concise verbal and written communication that is targeted and appropriate to the needs of the audience
- Demonstrate active listening skills
- Engage team, partners and customers appropriately to ensure full collaboration, multiple viewpoints and full transparency
- Develop relationships and influence across with business partners up to Senior Manager level to gain avenues for solution research, resulting in improved solutions
Total experience with increasing responsibility 6 years Software/systems, database and hardware support 6 years team lead experience 4 years project implementation/SDLC experience- 4 years facilitation of cross-systems support and development 2 years module configuration.
Working understanding of testing, quality and change management methodologies.
Minimum 6 years’ experience in troubleshooting customer related issues and managing customer relationships required
- 6 plus years’ experience in setup and use of DevOps Tool (Jenkins, Bitbucket, Docker etc)
- Strong experience working with SQL tools, Java and Perl
- Strong knowledge of relational database design and support, including the support of large SQL systems
- Coordination of end user support.
- Assess system issues, coordinate, determine root cause and impacts, and recommend solutions.
- Create solution options based on research of (current and future) system capabilities, standard processes, and high-performing companies
- Assist business in leveraging (where advisable) standard process/system capabilities to reduce complexity and customization
- Provide detailed documentation (such as technical solution design) in relevant work repositories and guidance and support to development, delivery, test and business teams
- Ensure stakeholders, management and project managers are fully informed of project risks, team activities and project status
- Research, identify and drive improvements to project efficiency, speed and quality via new cross-team synergies, methods, and tools
- Manage user and systems administration.
- Monitor systems and hardware performance and usage.
- Manage the system change process.
- Provides accurate estimates of effort and timelines for completion of assigned tasks.
- Reviews deliverables, provides input for other analysts, and supports knowledge transfer and ad hoc training of functional processes/systems
- Researches production issues and supports the Application Support group as needed.
- Assists business in articulating enhancements to resolve issues.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Senior Communications Manager
Janice manages research and communications for T-Mobile’s Enterprise IT Division, produces videos for the internal website, and oversees the technology intern program.
Back to top