Sr Analyst, Analytics
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.The Enterprise Data Solutions (EDS) IT team is looking for a technology savvy resource to support the advanced analytics community at T-Mobile. Advanced analytics and data science practices continue to grow at T-Mobile and support from the IT organization is critical from providing flexible environment/tool capabilities to accessing data quickly and securely. This position will drive new ways of partnering between IT and the business community, supporting analytics user group activities, supporting aspects of new system/toolset builds such as re-platforming SAS, and creating collaborative processes for delivering analytics. This role requires a blend of experience in performing analytics activities and working knowledge of IT systems/processes to provide a great consulting experience for our internal customers. The EDS team supports various business areas in achieving business results including Finance, Marketing, Digital, Supply Chain.
- 5 years of experience in analyzing complex data sets with experience in advanced analytics practices
- Working knowledge of 2 of the following technologies: SAS, SPSS, Aster, R and/or Python
- Experience in operating within traditional RDMS’s such as SQL, Teradata, Oracle and experience with platforms such as Hadoop
- Strong knowledge of data architecture and data base concepts
- Able to write SQL scripts for analysis and reporting ( SQL, MySQL)
- Strong knowledge of IT SDLC, both traditional waterfall and agile methodology/concepts
- Excellent communication skills and ability to partner effectively with peers
Bachelors Degree in computer or science or management information systems or equivalent experience (8 years minimum related experience/training).
- Interface with various business teams in support of advanced analytics needs and capabilities
- Define processes for intake and support of advanced analytics needs
- Participate as a SME on advanced analytics project efforts from new tool selection/implementation to use case delivery
- Partner with IT and business teams in making analytics user groups successful while promoting standards, knowledge sharing and best tools/practices
- Create and maintain technical/process documentation such as system flow charts, diagrams and procedures appropriate for supporting for new applications
- Participate in the creation of training and adoption materials for current and potential users of the systems; support presentation of those materials as needed
- Support internal IT teams performing analytics on our own BI systems from system performance to user usage patterns
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top