Sr Administrator, Database SQL Server
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Sr Administrator, Database SQL Server
The Sr Administrator, Database SQL Server will provide advanced technical troubleshooting for applications and database systems with emphasis on root cause analysis. Participate in design and application review sessions, assist with definition of computing standards and recommend policies related to those standards. Research solutions to various business and technical problems, evaluate alternatives and be able to present recommendations and justifications to management.Configure and tune hardware and software to insure optimum performance and resource utilization.
- 4-5 years in Windows 2000, 2003 and 2008 server environment.
- 5-8 years as a database administrator working with SQL 2005, 2008, 2012 and 2014 environments.
- Experience in a large, 24×7 environment
- Experience with multi-terabyte databases
- Experience with SQL Always On and Active/Active Peer to Peer Transactional Replication.
- Experience with telephony billing systems and related applications a big plus.
- High degree of skill with database commands and monitoring utilities such as SQL Profiler, Spotlight, FOGLIGHT, SolarWinds, Red-Gate etc.
- Advanced knowledge of database administration tasks such as backups, database recovery, security, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of debugging and performance tuning stored procedures, UDFs and triggers.
- Advanced installation and configuration experience
- Advanced knowledge of hardware, including clusters, RAID, multi-processor architecture, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of VBScript and advanced DTS, SSIS package design.
- Strong knowledge of high availability and disaster recovery architecture
- Solid experience with the Windows operating system and command set as well as competence with PowerShell scripting.
- Thorough knowledge of physical and logical disk systems and their impact on database performance.
- Experience with server and database clustering techniques and the performance impacts.
- Knowledge of Big Data concepts including NoSQL like Mongo.
A four year degree in Computer Science or related degree. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Understand and apply advanced database administration, management and performance tuning techniques specific to SQL Server.
- Proactively identify trends in SQL statements and provide recommendation for efficient use of resources.
- Proactively identify resource requirements to ensure high availability of database systems.
- Provide technical advice and expertise to less senior staff members.
- Provide 24×7 on call support as part of a scheduled rotation with other team members.
- Develop advanced shell scripts, SQL scripts in support of database operations.
- Enforce Security policies and procedures on databases.
- Write and maintain documentation describing changes and modifications to all systems and databases.
- Perform exports, backups, restores, refreshes and data extracts as required.
- Act as technical liaison in support for database related project activities.
- Develop strong working knowledge of key applications and their interaction with the database(s).
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Senior Communications Manager
Janice manages research and communications for T-Mobile’s Enterprise IT Division, produces videos for the internal website, and oversees the technology intern program.
Back to top