Sr Administrator, Database Oracle
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
Sr Administrator, Database Oracle
Database administration position involving Configuration, Administration, Monitoring, Security Management, Performance Tuning, Backup/Restore and troubleshooting of Oracle databases in a highly dynamic environment. This position is part of a very dynamic Database Administration team with highly talented individuals. The team has well rounded skills on application, infrastructure and database architectures. The team has consistently provided the highest database uptime (>99.999%) for the business by process automation, standardization and proactive monitoring & remediation. The successful candidate will be an effective contributor in the team by providing advanced technical and operational support/guidance in support of operational and project related activities. The successful candidate will represent the database team as SME in interactions with project teams and other departments in support of business objectives.
- Minimum of 5+ years in supporting Oracle databases
- Minimum of 5+ years working experience in IBM-AIX and Linux
- Minimum of 5+ years working in IT development and/or technical support
- Knowledge of Oracle RAC installation and configuration procedures.
- Very good knowledge on Oracle memory structures, Backup & recovery Concepts, Performance Tuning, Grid Control, Data Guard and Oracle Network Concepts.
- Experience with Veritas Storage Foundations products
- Working knowledge of hardware, including RAID, multi-processor architecture, etc.
- Working knowledge of networking and how it relates to database operations and connectivity.
- Ability to create tools from scratch needed for database administration.
- Advanced knowledge of shell scripting (i.e. command line applications, batch files, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree, Computer Science or related degree. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Responsible for recommending database solutions to recognized problems and for design and implementation of new Oracle databases.
- Responsible for creation of databases in Oracle systems.
- Responsible for configuring backup / restore utilities and developing disaster recovery policies and procedures.
- Responsible for Installation and Configuration of Oracle solutions like Data Guard, Golden Gate.
- Responsible for setting up effective monitoring for alerts and capacity analysis. Also, tuning the database environment to insure optimal performance and resource utilization.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and updating documentation necessary to support the database operations by the DBA team.
- Responsible for enforcing Enterprise security policies and procedures on databases
- Write and maintain advance shell and SQL scripts in support of database maintenance to ensure consistent performance. Maintain solid working knowledge of functionality of existing platforms and future enhancements.
- Coordinate with vendors to assure the continuing functionality of Oracle as regards upgrades, versions, patches, new releases.
- Provide 24 x 7 on call support as part of a scheduled rotation with other team members.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting for applications and systems and advanced technical support for database related project activities with emphasis on root cause analysis
- Provide technical advice on industry best practices for Business Intelligence systems, tactical queries, advanced analytics, and data mining
- Participate in design and code reviews. Configure and tune databases and operating system software to ensure optimum performance and resource utilization.
- Function as the technical liaison between Application development, support and DBA teams. Provide mentoring to fellow administrators.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top