Sr Administrator, Database
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comSr Administrator, Database
Database administration position involving Configuration, Administration, Monitoring, Security Management, Performance Tuning, Replication, Backup/Restore and troubleshooting of MongoDB, Cassandra and other Open source / Big Data databases in a highly dynamic environment. This position is part of a very dynamic Database Administration team with highly talented individuals. The team has well rounded skills on application, infrastructure and database architectures. The team has consistently provided the highest database uptime (>99.999%) for the business by process automation, standardization and proactive monitoring & remediation. The successful candidate will be an effective contributor in the team by providing advanced technical and operational support/guidance in support of operational and project related activities. The successful candidate will represent the database team as SME in interactions with project teams and other departments in support of business objectives.
- Minimum of 2+ years in supporting one of the leading NoSQL databases like MongoDB, Cassandra, GemFire and/or big data databases in a clustered environment in progressively challenging and/or similar roles
- Minimum of 5+ years working experience in Linux
- Minimum of 5+ years working in IT development and/or technical support
- Strong knowledge of NoSQL technologies interact and complement
- Deep understanding of internals of NoSQL framework
- Experience in tuning JVM
- Experience with MySQL and Postgress is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of various troubleshooting tasks (ex. Latency Analysis, Thread state Analysis, etc.)
- Knowledge of installation and configuration procedures.
- Knowledge of add/bootstrap nodes to clusters
- Knowledge of remove/replace nodes in clusters
- Knowledge of replication/sharding/partitioning/clustering between data centers
- Experience in Data Modeling
- Working knowledge of hardware, including RAID, multi-processor architecture, etc.
- Working knowledge of networking and how it relates to database operations and connectivity.
- Ability to create tools from scratch needed for database administration.
- Advanced knowledge of shell scripting (i.e. command line applications, batch files, etc.)
Minimum Required -Bachelor’s Degree. Computer Science/Technical equivalent experience
- Responsible for recommending database solutions to recognized problems and for design and implementation of new NoSQL and Open Source databases. Evaluate database and software requirements and influence design decisions.
- Responsible for installation and configuration of databases in clusters and setup & maintain replication for active/active solutions between data centers.
- Responsible for configuring backup / restore utilities and developing disaster recovery policies and procedures.
- Responsible for setting up effective monitoring for alerts and capacity analysis. Also, tuning the database environment to insure optimal performance and resource utilization.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and updating documentation necessary to support the database operations by the DBA team.
- Responsible for recommending optimal schema designs for better performance and scalability
- Responsible for enforcing Enterprise security policies and procedures on databases
- Write and maintain scripts in support of database maintenance to ensure consistent performance. Maintain solid working knowledge of functionality of existing platforms and future enhancements.
- Coordinate with vendors to assure the continuing functionality of NoSQL as regards upgrades, versions, services packs, new releases.
- Provide 24 × 7 on call support as part of a scheduled rotation with other team members.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting for applications and systems and advanced technical support for database related project activities
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Configure and tune databases and operating system software to ensure optimum performance and resource utilization.
- Function as the technical liaison between System Administrators and DBA teams. Provide mentoring to fellow administrators.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top