Sr Administrator, Data Storage (Bothell/Snoqualmie/Frisco)
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comSr Administrator, Data Storage
This position can be based in Bothell, WA, Snoqualmie, WA or Frisco, TX.
Storage administration position involving management of multiple storage platforms in a highly dynamic environment. Work as part of a team in support of operational and project related activities. Provide leadership and advanced technical and operational support to other departments and teams as required in support of business objectives.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Minimum 7 years experience in an HP-UX, AIX, Linux, VMWare, Windows &/or Sun Solaris environment
- Minimum 7 years experience working in a production data center environment
- Minimum 6 years experience in a SAN or NAS based environment
- Minimum 7 years experience working EMC or HP storage systems and software
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of VMAX2, VMAX3, XIO, 3PAR, and/or Pure storage hardware
- Minimum 4 years experience working with monitoring and reporting solutions in a storage environment
- 4 years experience in evaluating storage systems performance and recommending performance enhancements
- 4 years experience using replication technologies as it related to storage platforms (SNAP, Clone, SRDF etc)
- A four year degree in Business, MIS, or equivalent
- Ability to work in a 24 X 7 on call environment
- MS Office tools (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of AIX, Linux, VMWare, Windows, Sun, and/or HP-UX in a production environment
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of Cisco MDS and DCNM
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of VPLEX, ViPR-Controller, Veritas Volume Manager, and/or ViPR-SRM
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of PowerShell or other scripting tools
- Strong proficiency with 3rd party monitoring tools (OCI, Virtual Wisdom, Unisphere, SRM)
- Excellent technical writing skills for producing process and procedural documents
- Demonstrated knowledge with switch based technology in a SAN environment
- Monitor ticketing queue and resolve tickets related to storage platforms
- Ability to write and present reports and interact with vendors and senior management
- 7-10 years minimum related experience/training preferred
- Bachelors Degree. Business or MIS
- Responsible for day-to-day operational support, installation, configuration, troubleshooting and administration of SAN hardware and software solutions.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and updating operational documentation necessary to support the SAN environments.
- Provide 24 X 7 on call support as part of a scheduled rotation with other team members.
- Function as a technical liaison with UNIX, Windows, VMWare and DBA teams and act as a lead to direct other resources in support of projects and operational activities.
- Understand and manage the storage solutions and configure and tune hardware and software in storage environments to insure optimum performance and resource utilization.
- Monitor ticketing queue and resolve tickets related to storage platforms.
- Coordinate with vendors to assure the continuing functionality of storage software and hardware. Evaluate hardware and software requirements and be able to justify purchasing decisions.
- Use capacity models and applications to predict growth trends in storage systems.
- Lead design and code reviews, define standards and recommend and establish policies.
- Perform performance evaluations, provide forecasting and or trend reports for storage platforms related to applications.
- Participate in strategic planning of Storage Solutions environment.
At least 18 years of age. Legally authorized to work in the United States. High School Diploma or GED. Pre-employment background screen.We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top