Sr Accountant - Third-Party Revenue and Emerging Products
Sr Accountant Third-Party Revenue and Emerging Products
The accounting operations teams are responsible for ensuring that the financial results of T-Mobile are accurately presented to T-Mobile leadership under both US GAAP and IFRS. There are a variety of teams within accounting operations, each responsible for diverse areas of accounting, allowing for a variety of opportunities for professional growth and development across the teams. The Senior Accountant within the Third-Party Revenue and Emerging Products team will play a critical role in supporting emerging businesses and establishing cross-functional processes. This role requires strong accounting skills including a solid foundation in revenue recognition, the ability to operationalize complex contracts, and excellent communication skills.
- Work across business groups (i.e., FP&A, Business Development, Marketing, IT, and Legal) to establish and pursue accounting requirements in new projects and partner contracts. Communicate with various levels of management both internal and external.
- Apply accounting concepts (both US GAAP/ IFRS) to understand and document financial implications of partner contracts. Document accounting and operational treatment of contracts in accounting memos, consulting with the Policy group, auditors and others as needed
- Accurately perform monthly close activities related to partner contracts, including recording journal entries, reconciling complex general ledger accounts and other month-end tasks. Design and produce supporting schedules and analysis to explain financial results and variances.
- Understand business drivers and their effect on financial results to ensure business changes are accurately reflected in the financial statements.
- Develop process flows and validity assessments for multiple data sources including financial settlement reports and transactional data from 3rd party partners. Proactively identify risks and areas of improvement and make appropriate recommendations.
- Strong knowledge of accounting theory, SAP experience is a plus.
- Ability to understand complex contracts and determining accounting implications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as decision-making and analytical abilities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and the ability to balance multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously with excellent quality and attention to detail.
- Ability to resolve complex problems positively and professionally with minimal supervision.
- Comfortable expressing concerns and ideas during interactions and meetings.
- A great team player with an upbeat positive attitude.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or CPA required.
- Telecommunication industry experience preferred.
- 4+ years of relevant accounting experience, preferably within a large company accounting environment.
- Experience with ASC 606 is a plus.
- Project management skills and experience is preferred.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel required.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Diego L.Retail Associate Manager
Diego assists the store manager with day-to-day operations while working to develop the roles of his associates through hands-on sales coaching.
Back to top