Sr Accountant - Revenue Accounting
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
The accounting operations teams are responsible for ensuring that the financial results of T-Mobile are accurately presented to T-Mobile leadership under both US GAAP and IFRS. There are a variety of teams within accounting operations, each responsible for diverse areas of accounting, allowing for a variety of opportunities for professional growth and development across the teams. The various teams are responsible for areas such as corporate accounting, accounting policies, supply chain accounting, equipment sales accounting, revenue accounting and fixed asset accounting
Senior Accountant Revenue Accounting
The Senior Accountant Revenue Accounting is a critical role supporting our ongoing implementation of ASC 606 and the new related operational processes being developed within our broader Revenue Accounting team. The successful candidate for this role will support our transitional activities to the new revenue recognition standard, and will be responsible for ensuring that appropriate accounting entries and related analysis are prepared in accordance with both US GAAP and IFRS as our new revenue recognition platform is deployed. The successful candidate will assist in the development of process and procedures, and develop a deep understanding of our systems and products and the related accounting implications under the new revenue standard. The ideal candidate must possess a solid understanding of revenue recognition guidance and had a demonstrated ability to apply such guidance in a fast paced corporate environment.
We are looking for a candidate with strong analytical and problem solving skills who is excited to work in a cross-functional team environment with a diverse group of people across the broader accounting function, marketing, operations, IT, and tax.
Knowledge & Technical Skills
- Strong understanding of accounting theory and experience with independent research of complex accounting issues.
- Solid understanding of ERP systems, including the development, implementation, and maintenance of accounting systems.
- Able to perform complex analysis and reconciliations of diverse scope and to communicate technical information related to projects or accounting issues.
- Ability to mine, manage, and analyze large volumes of data.
- Design and produce supporting schedules and analysis to explain financial results and variances. Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to balance various projects simultaneously, understanding prioritizations, and maintaining excellent attention to detail.
- Comfortable expressing ideas and concerns during interactions and meetings and a strong willingness to collaborate with team members and look for the most effective and efficient solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as decision-making and analytical abilities.
High proficiency in Excel and Word required. BW, Business Objects or SQL experience a plus.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting. CPA required
- Revenue recognition experience, especially in telecommunication and financial services industry, preferred.
- 4+ years of relevant accounting experience preferably within a large company accounting environment or 3+ years of relevant accounting experience with a large regional or Big Four accounting firm.
- Experience with system implementations or system projects is strongly preferred.
- Assist in the development and documentation of process and procedures supporting the implementation and post deployment activities associated with our new revenue recognition platform.
- Participate in the month end close process, responsibilities includes preparation of journal entries, reconciliations and account analysis associated with revenue recognition.
- Use accounting concepts (US GAAP/ IFRS) to understand and document the appropriate accounting treatment of new offers and products under ASC 606 and work cross functionally to develop the appropriate solutions to implement the requisite accounting treatment.
- Develop / execute reporting required to support analysis associated with activities accounted for in our new revenue recognition platform in order to explain financial results. Proactively identify risks and areas of improvement and make recommendations associated with this reporting. This will include the development and execution of ad hoc reporting using our ad hoc reporting cube under development.
- Understand business drivers and their effect on financial results to ensure business changes are accurately reflected in the financial statements and analysis.
Participate in cross-departmental projects to develop the appropriate accounting patterns required under ASC 606. Identify and communicate the impact of new programs or system changes on existing accounting processes as it relates to accounting operations under ASC 606.We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top