Sr Accountant - Revenue
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Sr Accountant
This role is an individual contributor role and will have no direct reports.
Revenue Accounting – Wholesale
The Senior Accountant (Wholesale Revenue) is responsible for ensuring that the Wholesale activities are accurately presented under US GAAP and IFRS accounting standards. The ideal candidate should have a strong foundation in general accounting, revenue recognition and a strong analytical and problem solving ability. This position will have frequent interactions with cross-functional teams within the greater Accounting department as well as outside of Accounting; including Wholesale Account Management, Operations, IT, Tax, Legal and Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Accounting.
- 5+ years of relevant accounting experience. Big 4 public accounting experience preferred.
- Revenue accounting experience in publicly traded companies.
- Strong analytical skill.
- Assist in month end close process, including preparation of journal entries, reconciliations and account analysis
- Provide subject matter expertise for Wholesale Revenue Accounting team in supporting projects and facilitating internal and external financial reporting processes
- Effectively align with appropriate departments and 3rd party partners to provide end-to-end support of partner/reseller arrangements
- Review 3rd party partner/reseller agreements and ensure they are properly administered and accounted for
- Proactively identify issues and process improvement opportunities, recommend solutions and work with appropriate business partners to resolve or assist with implementation
- Respond to inquiries from business partners and effectively align with them to achieve business objectives
- Ensure compliance in meeting Sarbanes-Oxley controls and requirements
- Provide support for the audits performed by internal and external auditors
- Perform special projects as requested
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top