Sr Accountant - Prepaid Revenue Accounting
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
Sr. Accountant Prepaid Revenue Accounting
The prepaid revenue accounting team is currently seeking a senior accountant. The ideal candidate will be a team player with a solid foundation in accounting and strong analytical skills. Core functions will include monthly close responsibilities, ad hoc analysis, and other projects. This position will interact with cross-functional teams within T-Mobile as well as external business partners.
Knowledge and Technical Skills
- Ability to apply accounting theory to real world applications.
- Ability to evaluate contracts for revenue recognition in accordance with ASC 605 and 606.
- Ability to manage time effectively and balance multiple projects within a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to analyze large volumes of data using Excel and SQL to determine validity of results.
- Ability to resolve complex accounting problems with minimal supervision.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in advanced Excel functions.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience required.
- 5+ years of revenue accounting experience or 3+ years Big 4 public accounting experience.
- CPA or candidate preferred.
- Experience in writing SQL queries a plus.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the monthly close process, including preparation of journal entries, reconciling complex general ledger accounts, and performing trend analysis.
- Assist in creating ad hoc and monthly reports from multiple sources as needed.
- Assist in designing and testing system upgrades to meet business requirements.
- Ensure compliance in meeting SOX requirements.
- Understand business drivers and their effect on financial results to ensure business changes are accurately reflected in the financial statements and communicated to business partners.
- Proactively identify risks and opportunities for improvements within the accounting processes and recommend solutions.
- Participate in cross-departmental projects as directed by Manager. Identify and document the impact of new programs or system changes on existing accounting processes.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top