Sr Accountant - Lease and Telco Accounting
Sr Accountant Ã¢â,¬ Lease and Telco Accounting
This is a key individual contributor position on the Asset and Lease Accounting team which is responsible for the GAAP & IFRS accounting of Lease and Telecom operating expenses. This position will work with finance and operations teams throughout the company including Network Engineering, Retail, and Real Estate to ensure operating expenses, assets and liabilities are properly reported.
This is a leadership role within a team of high-performing professionals. The team prepares and maintains accounting transactions (e.g., deferrals, amortizations, accruals), closes the accounting books monthly, and describes drivers for fluctuations in operating expense and related balance sheet accounts. The team also plays an important role in forecasting significant operating expense and commitment disclosures, and is a key participant and decision-maker for large system-related cross-functional projects. This person will also interface directly with external auditors for SOX and financial audit completion.
- Use accounting concepts, wide-ranging experience, analytical skills, and knowledge of industry to identify and resolve issues in creative and effective ways
- Understand and communicate business drivers and their effect on financial results to ensure business changes are accurately reflected in the financial statements and analysis
- Ensure accounting records, monthly accounting close activities, and variance analyses are adequately and properly prepared, maintained and explained in a timely manner
- Actively participate in cross-functional projects to thoroughly understand the potential impacts on Accounting and our business partners, represent our needs/requirements and ensure implementation is successful
- Record journal entries, reconcile complex accounts, and proactively create/improve processes
- Perform first level review of the work of others on the team, provide constructive feedback, functional advice, guidance, and coaching while maintaining positive relationships
- Building bench strength of team
- Ensure that effective internal controls are developed and performed
- Develop test plans and lead UAT processes
- Strong understanding of accounting theory and accounting systems; SAP experience a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, decision-making and analytical abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with different levels within the organization
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to balance a large group of diverse projects simultaneously with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to resolve complex problems positively and professionally with minimal supervision
- Ability to manipulate large volumes of data from multiple systems
- Proficient in Excel and Word; Access database experience is a plus
- BachelorÃ¢â,¬â¢s degree in Accounting or Business
As AmericaÃ¢â,¬â¢s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: Ã¢â,¬Å"TMUSÃ¢â,¬?) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The companyÃ¢â,¬â¢s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top