Sr Accountant - Financial Services
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comSr Accountant
The accounting operations teams are responsible for ensuring that the financial results of T-Mobile are accurately presented to T-Mobile leadership under both US GAAP and IFRS. There are a variety of teams within accounting operations, each responsible for diverse areas of accounting, allowing for a variety of opportunities for professional growth and development across the teams. The various teams are responsible for areas such as corporate accounting, accounting policies, supply chain accounting, equipment sales accounting, revenue accounting and fixed asset accounting.
Sr Accountant Financial Services Accounting
The Financial Services Accounting team is currently seeking a senior accountant role that would be reporting to the Financial Services Accounting Manager. The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation in accounting, preferably with Financial Services industry experience, as well as the ability to handle a large volume of data and complex Excel models/analysis. Core functions will be focused around assessing and recording impacts surround customer collectibility and reserves for bad debt, improving the operating effectiveness for the related accounting processes, close functions, and other ad hoc projects and analysis. This is a highly dynamic area of T-Mobile and a fast growing team; the ideal candidate would work well through ambiguity, thrive off of a changing environment, and possesses excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Strong understanding of accounting theory and experience with accounting GL and reporting systems.
- Able to perform complex analysis and reconciliations of diverse scope and to communicate technical information related to projects or accounting issues.
- Apply financial analysis techniques to complex problems used in decision-making.
- Ability to mine, manage, and analyze large volumes of data.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to balance various projects simultaneously, understanding prioritizations, with excellent attention to detail.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA and experience with the banking or telecommunication industry preferred.
- 4+ years of relevant accounting experience preferably within a large company accounting environment or 3+ years of relevant accounting experience with a large regional or Big Four accounting firm.
- Wide-ranging experience working with cross business groups (i.e., FP&A, Policy, FinCo, Credit, and Treasury). Interactions are not limited to internal groups, but are also with external service providers. Communication will be essential with various levels of management - both internal and external.
- Uses accounting concepts (US GAAP/ IFRS) to understand and document financial implications of contractual transactions or changes to credit/collections processes. Responsible for recording journal entries, reconciling complex ledger accounts and identifying opportunities for process improvement.
- Exercise accuracy in calculating and reconciling numbers from different data sources and various risk models; periodically test reports to improve operations and for SOX compliance. Design & produce supporting schedules and analysis to explain financial results and variances. Proactively identify risks and areas of improvement and make recommendations.
- Be a proactive team member and a resource for other accountants on the team and across the business. Provide input and guidance by leading effective meetings with team and business partners.
- Understand business drivers and their effect on financial results to ensure business changes are accurately reflected in the financial statements and communicated across the business groups.
Participate in cross-departmental projects. Identify and document the impact of new programs or system changes on existing accounting processes. We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top