Sr Accountant, Finance Operations
- Frisco, TX
Sr Accountant, Finance Operations
The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation in general accounting and a strong analytical and problem-solving mindset. Applicants should have extensive experience handling large volumes of data through multiple sources. This position will be responsible for month-end accounting close activities and quarterly auditor interactions for various balance sheet reconciliations.
To be successful in this role, you will bring energy and passion for accounting standards, business process excellence, internal controls, and compliance with a strong ability to collaborate across many teams; especially Accounting, Treasury, and IT teams. Responsible for journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, payment system reconciliations and variance analysis in accordance with US GAAP, IFRS, BilMog, as well as Deutsche Telekom's policies and procedures. Design operational procedures and processes that meet audit standards and improve efficiency. Deep understanding of the transactional flow through the various operational systems to monitor and ensure accurate financial results. Solid understanding of ERP system including sub-modules. Ensure the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of accounting data. Participate in quarterly reviews, annual audits and SOX control monitoring and testing.
Manage Balance Sheet account reconciliations and journal entries using the Blackline reconciliation tool. Activities include:
- Ensure all balance sheet accounts under your assignment are reconciled accurately based on the frequency and timelines set forth in the company's accounting policies.
- Work in a deadline-driven environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Analyze and document all differences (i.e. reconciling items) between the general ledger balance and the independent sources to determine: the root cause, the age, and action plan for any variance.
- Record journal entries, perform variance analysis, and reconcile complex ledger accounts.
- Work independently with multiple business groups to research variances and obtain the required data for timely reconciliations.
- Apply a growth mindset approach to continuous improvement in personal, project, and organizational development.
- Lead initiatives to identify control weaknesses and implement process improvements.
- Using Word and Visio, document risks and controls of all related systems in an end-to-end flow, and update as needed.
- Understand business drivers and their effect on financial results to ensure business changes are accurately reflected in the financial processes and analysis.
- Maintain Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) documentation and ensure a robust internal control environment exists and is operating effectively.
- With a solid understanding of the systems and flow of funds, actively participate in the analysis of complex transactions, the launch of new products or business lines, and the acquisition of other entities.
- Participate in the creation of functional / non-functional specification documentation in close partnership with IT and project teams.
- Define testing and review interface testing between various applications. Work with project managers to resolve functional issues arising from user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Also responsible for other Duties/Projects as assigned by business management as needed.
- Bachelors Degree in either Business, Accounting, or Finance required
- Masters Degree in either Business, Accounting, Finance, or IT preferred
- 7 years. Professional experience in a large corporate environment in finance, accounting, business analytics, or similar.
- 5 years. Financial reconciliation of accounts and subsystems.
- 2 years. Experience with SOX controls framework.
- Blackline experience - Highly preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Alteryx Designer Core Certification
- Sarbanes-Oxley Trained Professional
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
Back to top